The role holder as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Sudan, the Director of Program Development Quality and Advocacy (PDQ) shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Sudan Country Office and country programmes.
S/he champions a team culture of learning and continuous improvement and is responsible for overseeing development of high quality, innovative programme strategies and advocacy initiatives to deliver immediate and lasting change for children ensuring quality in all aspects of both process and output. S/he manages a team of technical experts whose primary focus would be on projects’ design and development funding, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
S/he ensures that global and in-country advocacy work is in accordance with approved guidelines and supervises all media and communications of the country office in coordination with the region and Centre. S/he develops gainful and strengthens networks as well as represents the country office appropriately.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts
- Experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education; child protection; child rights governance; health and nutrition; food security and livelihoods; emergencies.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex international setting
- Significant experience leading strategic planning and in programme design and proposal development
- Strong understanding of different methodologies of monitoring and evaluation and operational research and experience in developing integrated MEAL systems
- Ability to effectively establish a learning culture within an organisation
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts.
- Strong representation and influencing skills
- Experience of management of diverse workforce including effective performance management and utilisation of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in stressful environments
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Contract length: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Are you interested in becoming a Programme Development and Quality Director in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.