An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, independent and experienced Finance Manager / General Affairs Manager to work with ZOA in Sudan. ZOA Sudan and its partners currently implement a diverse portfolio of large scale agriculture, integrated water resource management and education projects across the Darfur and Gederaf States of Sudan. ZOA Sudan is one of the largest INGOs operating in the country.
ZOA Sudan's key donors include DFID (UKAid), ECHO, The EU Delegation to Sudan, OFDA, and UN.
The Manager General Affairs is responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in the country organisation. This includes finances, HR, logistics, and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitor and support program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial and HR sections;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level.
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical and procurement policies and procedures and its compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Bachelor degree in financial management or auditing and HR;
- Experience in managing finance systems and practices in a non-profit environment and influenced by external donor requirements;
- Good command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management;
- Experience with monitoring partners in consortia is an added advantage
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
Skills and Attitude
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Alerts the CD and finance manager when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Good communicator.
- Duty station is in Karthoum.
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.