The Accommodation and Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the accommodation and housekeeping department in accordance with the contract and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing staff.
• Follow all applicable policies and procedures required for the successful execution of the job.
• Cooperate with internal and external auditors.
• Make recommendations for continual improvement and support improvement initiatives the company undertakes.
• Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, accommodations and all public spaces.
• Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
• Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff.
• Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
• Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
• Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses.
• Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
• Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
• Attending and resolving guest complaints.
• Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
• Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
• Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
• Immediately attending to guest requests.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Internal management team and head office.
• Service provider and Team members
• Leader & Coach: Leading, managing and developing his team through the appropriate supervisor structure.
• Staff members: These will consist of drivers, helpers, warehouse staff, administration staff, and supervision.
• Being able to communicate effectively with customer, suppliers and regulatory authority as per the company policy and work ethics.
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• Responsible to execute the tasks related to Logistics operations within the guidelines provide or set as per the company policies/ logistics process maps/ ISO manual.
• Financial authority as approved within company guidelines.
• Able to take decisions independently and handle problems associated with: staff planning, discipline, welfare and development.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proven superior customer service skills.
- Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability.
- Ability to monitor inventory.
- Knowledge of Budgeting or accounting is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the hotel/hospitality industry, or equivalent, relevant experience is required.
- The Candidate must have demonstrated thorough knowledge of the typical U.S. standards of housekeeping and hotel reception.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- College degree, preferably in Hospitality Management or a related field.
Are you interested in becoming an Accommodation and Housekeeping Manager in South Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.