This job is only open for candidates with the rights to live and work in South Africa.
To co-manage the overall sales and reservations service performance of the Wilderness Touring unit. Working in collaboration with the Operations & Product Manager of Wilderness Touring, to ensure a positive reservations experience for the Company in line with Company sales and reservations management goals. The incumbent is specifically accountable for the performance and leadership of the reservations consultant team within the Company.
1. Manage Reservations team, performance and service delivery including allocation of agents to consultants, ensuring that turn- around times are maintained and that work is of a high standard. Assisting consultants with queries on their files and any product information required.
2. Implementation of systems, business methodology to the benefit of Wilderness and our Agents.
3. Develop agent relationships and ensure positive service delivery both with Wilderness Product and Associated Product.
4. Implement quality control measures through internal procedures
5. Contribute to strategic business planning
6. Dealing with agent and guest complaints and ensuring that correct reporting procedures are adhered to.
7. Training new consultants on the In-House booking system.
8. Design, develop and plan guest’s journeys. Quote journeys (product and services) accurately and timeously. Book/cancel journeys (product and services) accurately and timeously. Administer confirmed bookings in a logical manner and in accordance with Company procedure. Review guest travel information.
9. Maintaining Wilderness Touring rate sheets on a regular basis and sourcing/negotiating and updating rates sheets on an annual basis including liaising with the In-house booking system administrator to ensure that rates are uploaded into the in-house booking system.
10. Updating and administrating the In-house booking system on a regular basis.
11. Working in conjunction with the Product and Operations Manager to co-ordinate consultant educational’s.
12. Assisting consultants with guide allocations on a monthly basis including regularly updating the in-house booking system reports and ensuring that suitable guides are allocated to specific bookings.
13. Monthly guide allocations and events updates to key agents.
14. Availability at all hours to assist After Hours with queries/customer complaints etc
15. Booking and coordinating agent educationals in conjunction with Marketing and sourcing suitable guides.
16. Perform any other ad hoc projects or assignments as required by the company from time-to-time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1.REQUIRED MIN.EDUCATION / TRAINING
Computer Literate (MS office, e-mail, internet)
Proven English literacy and fluency
2. REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
4-5 years in senior consulting position in a service related industry environment.
Proven experience in managing GP% resulting in positive results for the business.
Proven experience in handling agent and guest relationships.
3. ADDITIONAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Tertiary certificate in Travel & Tourism and certificate in management/marketing practices.
Working knowledge of TourPlan and WISH or similar booking/operating system.
Previous experience in people management.
4. PERSONAL ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership ability and ability to develop, motivate and mentor staff.
Team worker with the ability to interface with a variety of departments and people.
Good networking ability and must be able to build and develop long term relationships.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Self-starter, organised, methodical, accurate and analytical.
Deadline and result orientated.
Internal Operations & Product Manager, AP, Finance, RARA, IT, Marketing and sales service, HR etc.
External Agents & Suppliers
Job Title: Reservations Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Department: Wilderness Touring
Location: Cape Town
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.