To plan, manage, coordinate and execute tasks and processes towards ensuring Release plants are evaluated, sized, designed and costed adequately, and delivered and tested in a technically compliant manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Operating System
a. Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the Release operating system
b. Establishment of standard processes and procedures, as well as marketing material for Release
c. Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the Release operating system
2. Support to Procurement Process
a. Participate to the definition and upgrade of standard design and technical solutions for Release
b. Support the Procurement team in technical evaluation of suppliers
c. Drive the simplification and standardisation of design
d. Participate to the validation process of standard solutions for Release
e. Attend tests and other assessments related to equipment
3. Support to Acquisition Phase of Release plants
a. Support the Release Sales team in technical screening new plant opportunities
b. Review technical input from potential Lessees to ensure the information / documentation provided is consistent and sufficient for an initial evaluation
c. Prepare Preliminary Designs that are used for submission of Indicative Offers: Yield studies, PV and storage sizing, interconnection principles.
d. Conduct pre-contract Site Visits and prepare Site Visit Reports
e. Review Site Visit Reports and prepare adjustments to Preliminary Designs.
f. Coordinate with Engineering, Design, Procurement and Installation teams to prepare Final Designs, in particular mini grid energy modelling, PV and storage final sizing, and interconnection details.
g. Ensure all technical parameters are incorporated in the Final Design
h. Support Procurement and Sales teams in defining Balance of Plant scope and costs
i. Manage the process to complete the technical schedules of Lease Agreements.
j. Support Sales team in negotiations of the Lease Agreement and lead with assistance to the PM to complete Project Documents, not only technical.
4. Support to Delivery Phase of Release plants
a. Ensure detailed engineering designs are implemented according to the Final Design.
b. Assess and approve design change requests
c. Provide technical support the Installation team
d. Support technical interactions with Lessee and other third parties involved at site.
e. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of Tests on Completion
f. Ensure that Plant related information and documentation is properly gathered and archived
5. Support to Lease Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Operation and Installation Team in problem solving.
b. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of the Planned Maintenance and yearly Performance Tests
6. Support to Demobilisation Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Installation Team in assessing the Plant and evaluating requirements for refurbishment or replacement of components
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
- Degree in Electro Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering
- An excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Project Management Certificate
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to work Independently and to multitask in a fast moving environment
• Analytical thinking
• Commercial Acumen
• Assertiveness and organisational skills
• High energy level and motivation.
• Proactive and initiative-taking
• Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
• Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
• High social and intercultural competence
• Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects•
- 3+ years electrical engineering experience
This includes the following:
- 5+ years project environment experience
- 3+ years electrical transmission/distribution experience with practical experience with power generation with Diesel /HFO
- 3+ years project/process management experience
- Practical experience in site electrical construction and/or operation
- Strong experience in diesel/HFO power generation
- Exposure to MV distribution
- Exposure to PV Project execution
- Experience in minigrid design, energy storage and hybrid solutions (i.e. multiple energy production sources)
• Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively internationally to 3rd world and developing countries
• Must be able to work in an open plan environment
• Must be able to work extended hours
• Valid driver’s licence
Are you interested in becoming a Project Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.