JobnetAfrica is a boutique Executive Search firm that focusses on international companies in Africa, doing business in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and logistics.
Just a few pointers to get a feel of who we are:
1. We are dedicated to the progress of our customers, Africa, our company and our employees
2. We don’t just talk the talk but we walk the walk. Each member of our team has experienced the challenges and opportunities of moving beyond their comfort zone
3. In our daily work, we show gratitude, not an attitude. We are supportive of customers & colleagues, and we encourage dialogue
4. As matchmakers, we are the ones that make people feel at ease; we make things happen, we are curious, and we show genuine interest in everything
5. We pay attention to the situation and our surroundings. We know when to act and when not to act, and we never twist rules for personal gain
Over the last few years, our client base has grown exponentially. Plans are to keep growing and in order to do so, we are looking for a Business Development Specialist.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for generating new leads and maintaining existing clients, and with these, meeting sales goals. Duties will include building a sales funnel online as well as through networking and travels, having sales conversations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential and existing clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you ideally have a deep understanding of the African market, in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and / or logistics, or are keen to develop this. You are enthusiastic to master our sales processes and dynamics within the Executive Search industry in Africa. Previous intercultural experience in a sales role is a must.
Business Development Specialist Responsibilities:
• Generating leads through JobnetAfrica’s pre-designed sales funnel
o Create a persona on LinkedIn
o Online volume outreach
o Visit networking events
o Travel to African destinations, our so called ‘road shows’
• Taking leads through sales process till closure
o Negotiating contracts with prospective as well as existing clients
o Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders
• Taking clients through recruitment process till hiring
o Act as project and account manager for ongoing orders
o Work closely together with our experienced team of Executive Recruiters
• Meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Be a positive addition to the existing team
Sales Representative Requirements:
• Experience working in or with African countries
• Willingness to travel into Africa (appr 3-4x per year)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3+ years experience in B2B sales
• Experience selling to C-suite decision makers
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics
• Proven record of successfully obtaining sales targets
• A commitment to excellent customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to work comfortably individually as well as in a team
• French language is a preference
What we offer:
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at success
• Hybrid work situation
• A fun and dedicated team
• An adventurous, demanding and challenging job with a great work / life balance!
Are you interested in this exciting vacancy? Please apply via the link.