Our client wishes to expand its business offering and sales compliment with a view to acquiring more business in the new builds and repairs business.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
Reports to: Managing Director
To play an integral role in success of the Organisation by bringing in new business to the Organisation and the effective on boarding of new clients. To develop the local sales, finding, growing and developing existing clients with the aim of developing new business.
- New clients
- To research and obtain new clients in the maritime industry across a broad spectrum;
- To develop a trust relationship with this portfolio so that they come to us as a supplier first;
- Understand what the key requirements are of the customer;
- Work with the other staff regarding new tenders for new clients and the business proposals;
- Represent the Company in terms of business with the clients and any social functions;
- Obtain new clients in the maritime industry who could be potential purchasers of vessels;
- Develop the relationship so that the client wants to work with and use our organisation as the supplier;
- Close deals with new clients for new and repair business.
- Existing clients
- Continue the relationships and continue to build relationships with the clients on all levels;
- Research their needs on an ongoing basis;
- Decide whether the requirement is for new builds or repair Work;
- Work with the Management at the yard to ensure tenders are done in time or quotations delivered in time.
- Have a portfolio of strong accounts.
- Tenders and quotations
- Assist with the drawing up of tenders and quotations for new and repair work;
- Do accurate costing and estimates using approved BBBEE suppliers;
- Develop tenders that are successful and positive in that the Company wins them.
Developing contacts and creating awareness
- Using existing client knowledge and developing new client connections to develop the sales channels further;
- Developing all client contacts to further the name of the organisation as a preferred supplier;
- Maintaining the existing contacts within the Governmental customers to ensure the ongoing communication
- Represent the Company at all levels, engendering trust and confidence with clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Up to date information and ability to act on all levels when discussing new build and repair work;
Reports and administration
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses;
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Weekly / monthly reporting on activities and possible sales and progression of sales.
Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature and character of the post within the organisation.
Carry out any reasonable duties consistent with the post as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or degree in commerce / law.
- Background of the SAN, Armscor, TNPA, or having working experience in those types of businesses’.
Are you interested in becoming a Key Accounts Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.