Our client is an international technology company specialising in supply chain optimisation.
The Account Manager maintains and grows relationships with large customers and acquired new business in new accounts, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal.
Previous, at least 3 years, experience in Solutions Sales is a must.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Account Manager is expected to retain existing business and acquire new business, while pursuing profitable growth opportunities in assigned customer accounts.
• The Account Manager is responsible for selling and supporting the firm’s complete product and service offering to an assigned set of named accounts.
• Focusing on customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunity, the Account Manager’s most important customer interactions are face-to-face meetings.
• The Account Manager is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profitability goal.
• Conduct research to analyse customers’ behaviour (e.g. purchasing habits, trends and preferences).
• Retains and profitably grows firm volume, sales, and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
• Penetrates assigned accounts by:
1. Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers; and/or
2. Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location; and/or
3. Selling additional customer locations.
• Sells the firm’s complete offering of products and services.
• Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management.
• Develops customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
• Proactively manages customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
• Must have good problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely Excellent professional work standard.
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
• Problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills on all levels.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate. Alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
• Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• High quality of work standards
Experience and Skill
- Proven work experience as a Commercial Account Manager
- Minimum of 3 years post matric qualification in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the supply chain and supply chain solutions
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility Products and Services
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software.
- Experience in ICT sector will be an additional advantage.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, web analytics.
Are you interested in becoming an Account Manager Mobility in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.