The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.