WE are Wildebees Ecolodge. Are you a hands-on, friendly multi-tasker? Do you like to work in- and with a team? Then WE are looking for you! Come and join us and be part of WE!!!
Wildebees ecolodge is a colourful bush lodge set in a lush tropical garden. It offers cottage accommodation to a maximum of 34 guests in Hluhluwe, Kwazulu Natal South Africa. The lodge is bordering the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, False Bay section and is situated on a popular tourist route. Next to accommodation, bar and restaurant WE offers several internal activities including horse riding safaris.
Wildebees ecolodge is looking for a hands on hosting operational management (couple) as from February 2018
What are your tasks?
• Receive and accommodate guests, make them feel at home
• Manage the team and helping with all tasks (hands on!)
• Some simple administrative tasks
• Make sure facilities and grounds are properly maintained
• Stock control and shopping / ordering for the lodge
• Manages the small lodge restaurant, and ensures quality and service
• Guest relations and ensures high level of customer service
• Planning and control of all internal departments (housekeeping, maintenance, catering)
• Organizing check in and check out and all related administrative tasks.
• And all other odd tasks that are involved in running a small lodge: maintenance, gardening, meetings with staff, solving problems that might appear etc. etc.
What do WE offer?
• We offer you the opportunity to stay in a beautiful area of South Africa
• An interesting benefits package (a small honorarium and room)
• A dynamic and challenging job
• Lots of opportunities to bring-in new ideas
• A great addition to your CV
• An initial contract for half a year
• Regular on the job coaching and support, continuous distant support
• An adventure of a life time
What kind of person are you?
• Basically you are a all-rounder with an eye for detail without losing the bigger picture
• You are an excellent host and enjoy receiving and serving people and making them feel welcome
• You are a people person, somebody that has a sense of humour will fit our team best
• You are a team player, and you can motivate others to be team players
• You have experience in the hospitality sector
• You are creative, very honest and trustworthy
• You don’t have a nine to five mentality
• You have a valid driving license
• You don’t mind hard work and long days if the business requires it
• You have a can-do mentality and look for opportunities instead of difficulties
• You have an eye for hygiene and security
• You speak fluent English and if you speak an additional language this is an asset
• You are computer literate and write well
• You are available from February 2018
• If you have any of the following qualities they will be considered as assets: Prior experience in Africa, cooking, you are a handy-(wo)man, gardening, leading outdoor leisure activities, marketing
• WE prefer a couple over a single person due to all the tasks involved and qualities needed to run the lodge. Not saying that individuals may not respond
• WE prefer somebody who has horse riding experience and is also experienced in grooming and general caretaking of horses and we prefer somebody that is a wildlife guide (FGASA level 1) Not saying that somebody with limited horse riding experience or no FGASA can not respond.
If we see potential we will contact you and arrange for an interview.
Please note that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Acquisition on this position is not accepted.
Are you interested in becoming a Operational Management (couple) in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.