The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (SATIH) project, a five-year trade facilitation project for Southern Africa, is expected to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa. Anticipated project activities include efforts to support national and regional bodies to facilitate intra-regional trade of agricultural commodities and economic integration, facilitate improved private sector export competitiveness in key value chains, and expand trade including increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Graphic Designer/Photographer will work with the Communications Specialist and Director of Strategic Communications to conceive and design graphics, including banners, signs, and infographics, in accordance with project branding guidelines for events, the project website and project-affiliated websites, reports, and other publications, as necessary. The Graphic Designer/Photographer will design graphics in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and will also be expected to post content to the Trade and Investment Hub’s primary website, www.satihub.com, and other content management systems of affiliated websites (www.theafricaadvantage.com and www.africafinefoods.com, for example). This is a part time position.
• A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or communications.
• Two years of relevant experience in graphic design. preferably in media or communications for USAID or other international donor-funded programs.
• Two years of relevant experience working with website content management systems, preferably Joomla.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Proficiency with digital SLR cameras, particularly Canon brand
• Proficiency with MS Office Software, particularly PowerPoint
• Proficiency with HTML
• Proficiency with website content management systems (Drupal/WordPress/Joomla)
• The Graphic Designer/Photographer will have no supervisory responsibilities.
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
• Pretoria, South Africa
• The Graphic Designer/Photographer will report to the Director of Strategic Communications.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae before May 15, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Graphic Designer / Photographer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.