For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting a Supply Chain and Warehouse Manager in South Africa.
Key Performance areas:
• The Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall be in charge of the complete procurement of the company and shall be in charge to optimize it for any involved cost. For the part related to ingredients, the Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall get the support of the Global Procurement team who leads prices negotiations.
• The Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall be in contact with the production and sales teams for forecasting needs and make sure that needs are meets in an optimized way.
• Support the organisational mandate by providing direct and indirect support to the Management in respect of the Supply Chain/ Procurement processes;
• Verify requisitions to ensure compliance with the Supply Chain Management requirements;
• Identify the needs to acquire and dispose assets in line with the established procedures, systems and controls;
• Implement procurement best practices in terms of SCM Policy and maintain records;
• The Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall also be in charge of recommending optimized solutions for transport, export, import & warehouses and to review the efficiency of the process at any time.
• Evaluate and report on the performance of all suppliers/service providers;
• Assist in management of the facilities and equipment lease agreements;
• Assist Management in the implementation of facilities Management policies and procedures;
• The Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall be in charge of the 5 warehouses and 2 other outsourced warehouses including 3 depos
• The Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall take care of receiving (in partnership with quality control), warehousing & transferring in between warehouses and using/updating systems of information & production.
• In particular, the Supply Chain & Warehouses Manager shall be in charge of the stock take & shall reconcile with data storage systems. She/He shall contribute to the ease of availability of ingredients for production
• Fleet Management
• Manage a team of despatchers and receivers.
• Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
• Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
• Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
• Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
• Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
• Plan and assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
• Produce reports and statistics regularly
• Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
• B-Tech / Degree in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• MINIMUM 5 years warehouse management experience in the Retail / FMCG sector.
• Extensive experience in managing bulk cargo and shipping containers.
• Solid experience in logistics document management (e.g. import, export, waybills, financial instruments, etc.)
• Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Drivers license
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Supply Chain and Warehouse Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.