We are recruiting three Sales Engineers for our client, which is a European supplier for factory and process automation products.
Job domain: Division Factory Automation
Reports to: Area Sales Manager FA - Sub-Saharan Africa
Obtaining/Maintaining the position of market leader within the FA area by selling FA products to predefined market segments.
Achieving the predetermined sales objective (with regard to products, product groups, turnover, gross margin, new customer acquisition, etc…) within the defined sales area.
Developing the sales area in order to reach the goals of the company and acquire a maximum client satisfaction regarding quality
KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES
1. Education, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Bachelor, Master Electro mechanics or Electronics (specialisation measurement and control technology is an advantage), National Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and experience, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Good knowledge of measurement and control technology, DCS architecture, digital communication
- Knowledge of legislation around explosion protection and environmental legislation
- Thorough knowledge of the FA market and its competition based on previous relevant work experience in a technical sales position
- Good knowledge of automation technology, PLC architecture, digital communication
- Good knowledge of FA products and their application
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literate
3. Behavioural competences:
MM Version 201507
- Team player
- Active listener
- Proactive and anticipated minded
- Result driven
- Commercial minded based on technical knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Analytical and structured orientation
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, coordination and organisational skills
RESULT AREAS + TASKS
1. Commercial contacts
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, regarding the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Maintaining contact and transferring relevant information to the area responsible of the GPP team, who is responsible for the coordination of international projects
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, initially with regard to the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Giving technical support and advice to clients and prospects concerning the product range FA.
- Searching for and visiting new clients (customer acquisition).
- Offering solutions to clients for the company's products and their applications.
- Giving product presentations and product trainings to clients.
- Preparing and presenting quotations according to the internal guidelines with regard to price setting and conditions.
- Follow-up quotations.
- Introduction of new products in the given area.
- Participation to fairs
- Taking initiative in accordance with the policy
- Follow-up of evolutions in the market and with competitors on a non-stop base with regard to sales data, products and applications
- Regularly report market developments, sales expectations, market potential and results of market research
3. Tasks with regard to organisation
- Budget definition and responsibility for allocated Accounts
- Visit reporting in Siebel
- Self-tuition regarding (new) products
- Reporting and succession of opportunities in Siebel
Are you interested in becoming an External Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.