We are recruiting for one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. Almost 20 years ago they launces and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce FMCG store, selling the widest range of their products across South Africa.
They are in need of a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the team.
The incumbent will be responsible for driving sales through effective management of all marketing channels; strategizing and execution of campaigns to drive customer acquisition and increased brand awareness. This individual will need to have an understanding of the customer requirements in order to define the goals for user experience; and work closely with merchandise and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met to ultimately improve brand loyalty.
The company is owned by a company that builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
Plan and co-ordinate email marketing
• Manage the email marketing calendar and brief merchandisers on the offers required to drive sufficient revenue and desired brand perception
• Direct and oversee the design and coding of emailers
• Schedule emailers and manage the email database wrt list size and segmentation
Budgeting & Channel reporting
• Monitor margins and identify problems to relate to merchandise, operations, customer service or marketing spend
• Assess and Manage the efficiency of marketing spend per channel
• Monthly revision of marketing budget
Customer acquisition and retention
• Source new partnerships and campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate new leads
• Monitor email database size and interactions - list size, open rates, clicks and related customer service tickets
• Manage the wine club and curate monthly selections
• Soft marketing efforts to improve brand positioning, brand awareness and retain the various customer segments
Website Manage banners and promotions on the homepage
• Monitor sold out products, basket reservations and mixed cases and relate to merchandise to manage
• Creating and managing new campaign and category landing pages for promotions
• Front-end features to improve UX: Research, design & brief dev on long-term new front-end features & improvements.
• Manage the team/pool as to achieve set performance goals and effectively contribute to team performance
• Actively identify problem areas within workflow and improve processes where necessary
• Transfer knowledge and skill and encourage design-related learning outside the company
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a Marketing or Brand manager role, in retail, beverages, FMCG or similar consumer-facing environment.
• Exceptional skills in the Digital Marketing space as well as in Traditional Marketing.
• Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment highly beneficial.
• Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers.
• Business acumen, data driven and numeric.
• Passion and interest in the wine industry.
• Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile