For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting a Financial Accountant in South Africa.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing an effective and efficient operation of the financial reporting and accounting function.
He/she is responsible for the financial administration of the entity, including the ledger management and control, administrative organization and application management (financial systems and records), accounting, statistics, recalculations, project administration and overall reconciliations of all GL accounts. In addition provides the business management with accurate and reliable internal financial information and external financial statements regarding the performance and the valuation of the business for various stakeholders.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial statements, internal controls, systems and management reports and income & expenses statements within the OpCo. He/she participates in the relevant budgeting processes, and manages the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the company's accounting policies and procedures.
The Financial Accountant supports and assists the OpCo Controller by providing management information. In this role, the function acts as the operational conscience and the eyes and ears of management. Misinformation can lead to decisions, which in the medium term may adversely affect the business results.
He / she works closely with the Opco Controller on all accounting, reporting, and financial disclosure matters and consult often with relevant stakeholders, and confers with his / her peer Tax Manager, Treasury Manager as well as the Business Control Managers.
Accounting & Reporting
• Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable and the maintenance of the general ledger, including account reconciliations, and the production of various financial reports and statements (supporting the OpCo Controller in the preparation of financial statements and budgets), in order to provide accurate and timely financial information to management
• Prepares and/or reviews projections of accounting data to show effects of proposed changes on income and financial condition of the OpCo
• Ensures timely and correct financial disclosures for internal and external reporting
Management information and advice
• Prepares the business analyses, including management reports, stock turnover, purchasing and costs
• Identifies and flags significant operational / financial variances, and determines reasons for variances
• Advises management about possible improvements in the business
• Assists the OpCo Controller with Treasury and taxation
• Monitors the debtors and determines the liquidity planning in cooperation with the Treasury Manager when applicable
• Ensures appropriate treasury and tax accounting when applicable, in cooperation with the relevant managers
• Drafts working instructions for the staff in accordance with the company’s financial policies and procedures; where necessary, assists with daily activities; Ensures financial controls are in place and being followed
• Assists the OpCo Controller and may cover tasks in his/her absence.
• Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies, the reporting & accounting strategy and with accounting standards, and applicable rules & regulations. Follows all IFRS and Dutch GAAP developments closely and implements new or revised accounting policies and procedures if necessary
• Responsible for the overall control of the financial administration, monitors enforcement of guidelines and guidance of all administrative processes of the entity, in order to achieve full compliance with all relevant (financial) standards.
• May participate in reporting and accounting matters of major projects, within corporate guidelines, in order to realise reporting and accounting objectives in these projects.
• Prepares (financial) audits, ensures all relevant financial information is available for internal and external Auditors
• Timeliness, accuracy and reliability of all periodic and ad-hoc reporting and management information
• Cash / debt / liquidity position
• Departmental performance, employee wellbeing (e.g. sickness absence rate, staff turnover, etc.)
• Level of compliance / non-conformities
• Interpretation and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s, Degree Accounting
• 4 – 6 years’ working experience
• Manufacturing industry background
• ERP system is a hard requirement, M3 would be advantage
• In depth knowledge in General Accounting Plan and Tax legislation
• Specific Knowledge in accounting, finance and commercial law
• IT Skills at advanced level: Ms Office and specific programs.
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Accountant in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.