We are looking for an enthusiastic and all-round Office Manager / Secretary / PA to strengthen the Johannesburg team of our client. The core of the job is secretarial. And then there is a wide range of other activities. It is important to be a self-starter, be assertive, take initiative, solve problems and to have a flexible mind set given the wide range of tasks and the supportive nature of the job. Communication skills are important, with coordination and interaction with the team on the ground, in Nairobi as well as with the Head Office in The Hague. We are looking for a person with minimum 5 yrs relevant working experience. It is a role with flexible hours.
▪ Providing support to the JO Team by means of good general office housekeeping, including but not limited to:
▪ Banking – monitor and run the JO bank account.
▪ Uploading of all payments (car rentals, house rentals, travel claims, hotels, salaries, functions, credit card etc.) for approval and release
▪ Reconciliations each month via the CARS system
▪ Liaising with HO accounts payable
▪ All travel arrangements for the JO team members
▪ Provide support to the NL Head Office for all their travel arrangements
▪ Manage all JO filing and admin according to policies and procedures
▪ Manage general upkeep of the office and building
▪ Maintain relationships with landlord, electricians, housekeeping, aircons etc.
▪ Manage all stationery for the JO, all orders, inventory and upkeep
▪ Manage the JO data bases
▪ Maintain relationships with HO Servicedesk for all IT related issues, assets, systems and procedures
▪ Manage all diaries of the JO Team
▪ Events Management for all events, functions, team building etc.
▪ Support management with budgeting related documents
▪ Manage relationship with HO legal department.
▪ Supporting in HR related procedures for the JO
▪ Manage the petty cash registry for the JO
▪ Set up new employees with computers, cell phones, etc.
▪ Communicate with facilities
Key Competencies Job Family: Office Support
▪ Customer orientation internally and externally
▪ Strong organizational and administrative abilities
▪ Pro-activeness and service mindset
• Relevant qualifications
▪ Microsoft Office (various)
▪ CARS System
▪ Experience in Office management, administrative functions and people management
▪ Administrative skills
▪ Analytical skills
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Communication skills
▪ Computer skills
▪ Financial administrative skills
▪ Social skills
▪ Organisational skills
▪ Multi-tasking and decision making skills
▪ Knowledge of certain programs, for example CARS system
▪ Team oriented approach to problem solving and design
▪ Professional communication and written skills
▪ Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
▪ Integrity and confidentiality
▪ Ability to work professionally under pressure in a fast-pacedchallenging environment
▪ Strong customer service skills
Relevant Critical Experiences
▪ Office Management
Are you interested in becoming an Office Manager/ Secretary in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.