For one of our clients in the metal processing industry, we are seeking a General Manager with operational experience in Aluminum powders and granules for various applications in different industries. The ideal candidate develops and maintains business relationships with existing and potential customers to meet sales objectives within the region. The ideal candidate has the responsibility but also the freedom to adapt global strategies to the local market, while implementing performance management and talent management, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere. You are encouraged to spend time with customers, working hands-on in addition to your management activities.
• Plan and organize production and delivery schedules.
• Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
• Ensure that production and administrative processes run reliably and efficiently by planning and organizing schedules and resource requirements (raw materials, people, equipment, PPE, work tools, etc.)
• Observe production and administration to resolve issues.
• Continuously monitor and report production performance parameters such as volumes produced, inventory, yield etc.
• Thoroughly understand all equipment used for production and product handling.
• Understand different products and their handling requirements and ensure adherence to strict quality control standards and avoid deviations, rejections, and double handling.
• Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
• Manage discipline, grievances, time, and attendance and ensure overtime is kept within legal limits.
• Bachelor's degree in metal engineering, marketing, business administration, or related
• 5 years plus experience in the liquid metal operation of the steel or other metal industry
• Strong networker with excellent writing, vocal and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly analytic, organizational, and creative thinking skills
• Proactive posture with a high sense of entrepreneurial necessity and urgency
• Experience in developing innovative commercial strategies and leading both direct sales force and channel routes to market.
• Results driven, proactive and a systematic, problem-solving oriented way of thinking.
• Interpersonal skills and leadership qualities to build and lead a cohesive, focused, and motivated team.
• A reliable person inspiring confidence and able to deal with people at all levels.
• Empathetic with listening skills.
• An assertive and responsive leader and a good team player at the same time.
• An open, outgoing, and robust person with natural self-confidence.
• A strong communicator and an inspiring and pro-active leader.
• Pragmatic with high integrity and a drive for doing things professionally.
• Intelligent and analytical with helicopter view and a positive and constructive way of thinking.
• Good business understanding and at the same time extremely quality conscious with sense of important details.
Are you interested?
Apply here and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in KZN? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.