The purpose of this Internship is to perform the following duties: INVESTMENT ANALYST/ASSOCIATE
This role is to support the Impact Investment division in Solidaridad Southern Africa. In this area, the resource will support several commodities and seek to facilitate and unlock access to finance for smallholder farmers, SME agri-businesses, service providers, processors, etc. This role is split between investment-readiness support activities, business development to design new programmes and propositions to private and donor sectors, and dealmaker execution in terms of the packing investable deals to investors.
1. Drive the development in Investment Cases for funding and matching such deals to investors.
2. Ability to conduct onsite due diligence and package agri deals for investors/donors/corporates.
3. Ability to provide investment-readiness and business support to potential investees including farmers, agri-SMEs, processors and cooperatives.
4. Assist with developing a credit rating/scoring methods for smallholder farmers
5. Assist in developing Business Plans, and integrating business models in programme designs.
6. Support proposals, fundraising, and business development initiatives within the impact investment area.
7. Support corporate/private sector engagement and proposals.
8. Support the impact investment area and initiatives in line with the specific needs per programme, project and for the region, including horticulture, aquaculture, soy, sugarcane, cotton. Our region includes South Africa, Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi
Knowledge and Experience:
2-5 years of experience and/or exposure to the following areas below:
Experience in the agriculture and agribusiness sector.
Knowledge of investment landscape and products as it related to the agriculture sector and
across the value chains. Focus on Agri, SMEs, and small to medium deal sizes.
Exposure to fund management, investment analyst roles, and agriculture development space.
Exposure to impact investment, microfinance, blended finance, social impact, and development finance.
Exposure to start-up environment.
Mix of office and field experience in the region.
Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Able to handle ambiguity and problem-solve to reach innovative solutions
A go-getter with a positive attitude
Able to multi-task and hit the ground running
Able to drive workstreams independently with guidance
Competent dealmaker able to package agri-deals/investment propositions
Strong sense of accountability and urgency
1. Role is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Preference for local candidate.
2. Must be authorized to live and work in South Africa.
3. This role will be office based with some field work and travel based on business needs.
Duration: 4 months
Start Date: ASAP
Are you interested in becoming a Investment Analyst / Associate in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.