Our client is looking for a General Agency Manager for their container division / department in Sierra Leone.
Purpose / overview:
- To lead and manage the overall daily operation of the company
- Ensure smoothly information flow through the various departments
- To drive the company forward in all aspects, this incl. business as well as staff
- To protect and enhance the reputation and standing of the company in all respects
- Reports directly to the Managing Director and head office
- Oversees procedures and deadlines are met in alliance with the Head Office’s guidelines
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Operations – Supervise the operation team. Ensure fast and efficient operation and turnaround of vessels. Maintain professional and fruitful relationship with both Freetown Terminal as well as the Sierra Leone Port Autohorities.
- Logistics – Organize all logistics aspect with the Logistics Manager. Safeguard all claims, user account control, container control as well as logistics reports are done as per guidelines.
- Sales – Organize and motivate both the import as well as export sales team. Provide sales tool, both to maintain existing clients, but also to gain new client. Manage and maintain key accounts with local sales team
- Documentation – Supervise both import and export documentation department, to ensure local as well as the Company’s directions are followed.
- Customer Service – Ensure the team keeps providing professional customer service in a highly competitive market
- IT – IT officer will take care of the daily running. The General Agency Manager is in control of any new implementations the Head Office requires.
- HR – Overall leadership of 20 staff including recruitment, training/development, performance management and discipline and grievance
- PR – Liaises with media, advertisers and other suppliers/contacts in relation to brand, advertising and publicity. All PR is done with support from the Managing Director.
- Finance – Oversees the Finance Manager and his/her team but holds ultimate responsibility and signature authority for all financial transactions on behalf of the company. Approves monthly staff salaries and authorizes all expenses. Approves and ensures deadlines for financial reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) are met in alliance with local procedure as well as Head Office’s instructions.
- Legal and Administration – Manages staff to ensure the office is efficiently and compliantly run at all times. Holds all local legal responsibilities (JV, staff, building contracts, insurance) and oversees all supplier relationships and contracts.
• Proven working experience as an Agency Manager in the container branch
• 5-7 years of experience in West Africa
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Fluency in English
• Operational mindset taking precaution for the challenges in the country
• Ability to think out of the box to create and sell solutions
• Be a business developer with focus on expanding the business and improve internal agent network
• Should be outgoing, have a good sense of humor, responsible and self-driven, conscientious, focused, result-oriented, purposeful and most important; know how to be a good team player and manager/leader for his team
• Being part of a young and dynamic team
• Being part of successful company with a high track record in West and Central Africa
• Exciting challenges every day!
Start date is a.s.a.p., but no later than Dec 1st 2017.
Single status only