Dienste in Übersee is searching on behalf of partner organisations of Bread for the World:
IT Training and Outreach Specialist (f/m/x) in Vocational Training in Sierra Leone
Background and details of the partner organisation
More than 60% of Sierra Leone's population is under 35 years of age, and youth unemployment is a pressing problem. Sierra Leone Opportunities Industrialization Centre (SLOIC), founded in 1977, is a nationally known vocational training provider that gives disadvantaged young people new opportunities to earn their own income. The wide range of vocational training - including carpentry, bricklaying, agricultural extension, IT services (IT system management), fashion designing and hairdressing - is complemented by accompanying courses (e.g. psychosocial counselling, peace work) in order to bring out the individual potential of the young people and to improve their participation in social and political life in Sierra Leone.
You will support SLOIC in promoting the individual resources and performance of young people in the IT sector and in increasing the awareness level of the offers in vocational training
In detail, you will take on the following tasks:
• You will develop a strategy for integrating IT training modules into the overall training concept (curriculum development).
• You will design context-adapted teaching materials on IT didactics and qualify SLOIC staff (teaching staff and IT technicians) through further training on these modules (train of trainers).
• You will be involved in the technical and content-related development of the SLOIC website (website design and content management) and will conduct workshops for the staff of the PR department.
• You will intensify networking with stakeholders in the non-commercial sector, e.g. the University of Makeni (UNIMAK).
• You will be involved in the conception and technical implementation of a practice-oriented knowledge management and archiving programme.
The place of work is in Bo (training centre and also headquarters of SLOIC) with occasional business trips to the other training centres in Mattru Jong, Makeni and Lungi.
• You are an experienced didactician with a degree and your heart beats for vocational training.
• Through further training in the IT sector (e.g. open source software, website design) as well as practical experience, you have a solid basis for finding technically and socially appropriate solutions together in a team.
• You motivate your environment with creativity, empathy and perseverance.
• Your practical knowledge of English enables you to communicate competently and with empathy in both technical and informal contexts.
The placement is within the framework of the programme "Civil Peace Service" (ZFD) on the basis of the Development Assistance Act.
Please note that citizenship of a member state of the EU or Switzerland is a formal requirement.
Benefits provided by Bread for the World and Dienste in Übersee
Bread for the World provides a framework in which the professionals of Dienste in Übersee share their knowledge and skills with people of another culture.
Supportive cooperation, mutual learning and intercultural exchange are enabled by:
• Individual preparation
• Three year contract with benefits in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
Please upload your application now.
Our new job portal with all current advertisements can be found here.
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the Protestant Agency for Diakonia and Development with the brand Bread for the World
Are you interested in becoming a IT-Training&Outreach Specialist@Vocat. Training in Sierra Leone? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.