The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the management of the Regional ProcurementUnit and will lead in setting up strategic contracts at regional andsub-regional level, and for the Regional Office. The incumbent will also beresponsible for supporting the development and execution of global and regionalsourcing strategies and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the RegionalProcurement Unit in processing international procurement transactions forcountry offices in the WCA region. The role will also include taking a leadrole in advising country offices to achieve improved quality assurance of theirprocurement processes.
You will work with Country Offices to analyse and advise them to improveperformance of their procurement processes in order to reduce operationalcosts, minimise wastage and improve the quality and timeliness of projects forthe benefit of the children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, therole holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and beable to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successfulyou will have:
- A Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Management or related area, Master's degree an advantage
- At least five years procurement management level experience in logistics/supply chain in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments. Public and Private sector experience will be evaluated, but a minimum experience in NGO sector is highly advisable.
- 3 years international experience is must. Experience at Regional Procurement management level a strong advantage.
- Experience in running complex and high volume procurement processes and in high volume (1M USD+) contracts negotiation
- Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
- Experience in medical supply chain is a strong asset.
- Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience in developing the capacity of Procurement staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Experience in development and implementation of efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in French and English
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Western and Central Africa region is an advantage
- Excellent in office pack/SharePoint is advantage
- Willingness and ability to travel around the region sometimes with small notice. Having limited visa related problems will be considered an advantage.
- Resilient to stress
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Experienced in managing teams is a must
- Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision, self-motivated, resilient to stress
We offer acompetitive package in the context of the sector and a Family Posting job.
We employapproximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need betterhealthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate atthe highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voicesare heard.
We are working towardsthree breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that greatpeople make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role inhelping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, alongwith a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, andintegrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter andup-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your currentremuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the fullrole profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keepchildren safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous backgroundchecks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save theChildren International does not require any payment or expense during theentire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediatelyreported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Procurement Manager in Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.