BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London, Madrid and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised nearly $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Accountability, Customer-Centricity, Resiliency/Grit, Flexibility/Creativity, Teamwork.
The Senegal Expansion Consultant will be responsible for ensuring that BitPesa expands in Senegal as quickly and efficiently as possible. The role will primarily require building key relationships with banks and payment processors to ensure seamless execution to grow BitPesa footprint. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level. We’re looking for someone who loves problem-solving, operations, and equally comfortable networking with Executives.
- Establish Pay-in / Pay-out Infrastructure Partnerships (90%)
- Outreach to all potential partners (Telcos, Banks, Aggregators) and present BitPesa vision, business model and products
- Evaluate partners based on different factors to make strategic recommendations
- Be a key liaison between the partner(s) and BitPesa internal various stakeholders
- Scope out required documentation and coordinate all document submissions
- Negotiate commercials and sign agreement
Market Intelligence (10%)
- Collaborate closely with Sales & Marketing team to capture market/competition/customer learnings and accelerate speed to market
- Collaborate closely with Legal & Compliance team on regulatory engagement if needed
- Previous experiences in successfully opening up Senegalese market for payment companies is a plus
- Seasoned professional with >7 years experience in operations and business development, ideally in the financial services or payments industry in the Senegal
- Large network of local decision-makers within FIs, banks, payment aggregators, regulatory/governmental organizations, and potential corporate clients
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
- Fluent or working knowledge of Fluent and English required
- Ability to set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
You will be hired as a consultant on a daily rate and compensation will be based on an incentive structure tied to deliverables
Are you interested in becoming a Senegal Expansion Consultant? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.