As the Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for generating, qualifying and closing sales leads in Senegal (primarily) & other West African Francophone markets for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. As the target market is mid-large corporate clients, you must bring a high-value network of key decision-makers in mid-large businesses to this opportunity. This presents an exciting way to get involved, earn additional income and help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with Executives and analyzing sales metrics.
· Source, qualify and close sales leads that satisfy internal criteria
· Create and execute a sales plan including but not limited to outlining a list of prospective clients and 6-12 month sales projections
· Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients
· Ensure that new clients are won and trade large volumes consistently ( > $1million each per month) at profitable rates
· Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required, to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Finance, or Product)
· Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
· Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals
· Hold meetings with potential clients following the sales process set internally
· Keep sales tools up to date regularly to clearly identify status and success during sales process
· Collect data from potential clients and coordinate with internal teams to complete each sale
· Flawlessly execute trade requests from new clients and ensure thorough hand-off is completed to the Account Management Team for repeat clients
· Calculate ROI on acquired clients to measure the success of the sale
· Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing updates and comprehensive weekly/monthly reports of sales activities and results to key internal stakeholders.
· Seasoned professional with >10 years’ experience in sales and marketing or financial services, ideally in payments/money transfer or mobile money in Senegal/Francophone West Africa
· Previous experience in successfully scaling business for payment companies in Senegal is a plus
· Large network of local decision-makers within potential corporate clients
· Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up
· Fluent or working knowledge of French and English required
· Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
· Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
· Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software
· Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
· Willingness to be based in Dakar and travel within West Africa
· University Degree
· You will be hired as a contractor on a daily/monthly rate and compensation will be based on an incentive structure tied to deliverables
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Consultant in Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.