Program Director, Senegal
Location: Thies, Senegal
Report to: Country Director
Language Requirement: Fluent in French and English
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Program Director role
You are the CEO of Senegal Field Operations, including both seasonal activities and special projects, and you are the glue between the field team and supporting departments.
You own both the present and the future of Senegal’s seasonal field operation by meeting seasonal goals as well as creating sales strategy. You meet field goals by building a strong field team - including program managers and program associates - managing their progress, and collaborating with supporting departments. You assess areas that need improvement, test and evaluate assumptions, and create incremental plans to reach future goals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Field Operations: Responsible for meeting overarching field operations’ seasonal goals through a combination of team management and direct hands-on work. Serve as a direct supervisor to the Regional Field Coordinators as well as several associates and program managers. Assign project responsibilities for the activities below to assure goals are met. Collaborate with supporting departments. Regularly report progress to leadership and other relevant parties.
Farmer enrollment :
- Closely track progress throughout enrollment and adjust strategies accordingly, including increasing customer density
- Communicate between HQ/field/other supporting departments
- Ensure staff is trained and prepared
- Develop and implement marketing strategy and lead a small marketing team to meet customer acquisition goals
- Manage close-out and knowledge management for next season.
- Manage payment period and implement sales strategies, setting and meeting seasonal goals
- Improve KPI data collection and analysis and coordinate with the Audit Department
- Manage Village Entrepreneurs:
- Manage transition to mobile vendor model
- Set compensation, bonus, and incentive plans
- Identify training needs and materials
- Collaborate with agriculture and M&E departments to prepare for training
- Serve on the Agriculture Committee for analysis and rapid response during planting period
- Team Management
- Manage and train a team of 4-5 people and invest in their professional development. This includes managing onboarding, writing and assigning project descriptions, conducting weekly meetings and performance evaluations, ensuring objectives are met, supporting skills development, and complying with all internal myAgro management policies.
- Conduct weekly department meetings for the field operations team and monthly field coordinators
- Ensure collaboration and compliance with other departments
- Ensure that your team follows HQ policies (i.e. budget requests and reporting, HR incident reporting, vehicle use, etc.). Provide training or corrective measures as needed.
- Proactively communicate with support departments and collaborate on key activities.
- Contribute to shaping organizational strategy
- Help set and measure long-term, annual, and quarterly goals and KPIs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluency in English and French required
- Experience working in rural West Africa
- Eager to get mud on your boots – go to the field often and sell side by side with the field team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in execution & delegation, quality results, developing others, and communication
- Experience with mobile money agent networks, commission-based sales networks, and/or rural sales networks a plus
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Are you interested in becoming a Program Director in Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.