Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Headquartered in Gisenyi, with an office in Kigali and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 100 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
Scope of Role:
Lead Inyenyeri’s technology team in designing, developing, testing, and rolling out different technology innovations in support of our stove+fuel business. Focus will be on managing our product innovation pipeline of physical products (i.e. hardware) and core processes. Some support of our information technology pipeline (i.e. software) may also be covered by this role.
- Listen to Inyenyeri’s customers on how to improve their cooking experience and their livelihoods in general;
- Join Inyenyeri’s Commercial Team in order to collaboratively identify and roll out opportunities that improve Inyenyeri’s value proposition for both its urban and rural customers;
- Lead Inyenyeri’s prototype testing (both in lab settings and in the field) to validate product improvements and new innovations;
- Partner with the engineering teams of Inyenyeri’s suppliers in order to increase the efficiency, functionality, convenience and durability of Inyenyeri’s products;
- Support Inyenyeri’s pellet production team to optimize the quality of Inyenyeri’s pellets;
- Scout the market for new technology innovations;
- Degree in Engineering preferred;
- Affinity with engineering, business and technology a must;
- Problem-solving and product development skills required;
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing customer behavior and with translating customer feedback into technological innovations;
- Knowledge of conducting rigorous scientific tests in both field and lab expected;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Ability to combine abstract thinking with a hands-on mentality;
- Experience in stove design a plus;
- Excellent English required;
- Knowledge of Kinyarwanda preferred;
- Strong writing and reporting skills a must;
Are you interested in becoming a Technology & Innovation Manager in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.