Start date: ASAP (preferably by mid-September 2019)
Contract: One year contract, renewable, with 3-6 months probation period
Reporting to: Sr. VP Operations (Rwanda)
Who we are
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Inyenyeri works in 4 districts in Rwanda. Headquartered in Kigali, with an office in Rubavu and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 170 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
About the role :
Inyenyeri is looking for a competent Sales & Innovations Manager/Director who will identify, initiate, lead and complete projects aimed at 1) increasing revenues through an improved customer experience, and/or alternative pricing schemes, and 2) reducing costs through the application of innovative sales, distribution and after-sales techniques. The goal is to reduce stove stacking, increase retention and customer satisfaction, add value to the customer and increase profitability of the company while upholding and reinforcing the mission of the organization. This will be done by combining research, analysis and innovation.
● Research customer behavior under different circumstances in order to determine adequate solutions and/or need for improvement of customer experience;
● Assess opportunities to expand our products & services range, e.g.solar add-ons;
● Generate ideas and solutions to increase stove usage and pellets consumption;
● Develop solutions for improving the interaction with customers, for instance through means of push notifications (text messages) regarding stove handling;
● Use of e-marketing tools to create awareness in new target markets;
● Testing innovative pellet distribution solutions such as through pellet vending machines;
● Understand and document customer needs and determine solutions to improve customer experience; design pathways to implement these solutions and lead the implementation;
● Define opportunities for expansion of our services; research solutions and determine how expansion can be implemented;
● Determine how technology can innovate our products and services: Data capture, sales & distribution, post-sales etc;
● Collaborate with researchers and colleagues to identify relevant research questions and methodologies, and to jointly implement those in order to generate results that can benefit Inyenyeri’s business operations.
● A Bachelor’s degree (e.g. in Business, Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Engineering or Physical Sciences) is a must; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
● A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant professional experience as a Project/Product/Business/Innovations/Marketing Manager;
● Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
● Fluency in English is a must, fluency in Kinyarwanda desirable;
● A strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills, innovative mindset, entrepreneurial spirit;
● An experienced project manager, with attitude and skills to deliver complex projects in a timely and effective way;
● Someone who knows how to ask the right questions, how to set up the methodology to generate answers to those questions, how to interpret those answers, how to turn those answers into solutions and how to implement those solutions;
● Human-centered design expertise;
● Cultural sensitivity and someone who has an ability to relate with our customers and field staff;
● Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
● A quick learner and tech savvy; several projects will have a technology component;
● Understanding of, and experience with, challenges of implementing changes in an organization;
● Ability to present solution directions such that decision-making is facilitated;
● An outstanding team player while also being able to operate with minimal supervision;
● Desirable: Someone with basic knowledge of coding languages like R and Python;
● Prior knowledge of the cooking sector a plus.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
** This position is subject to funding.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales & Innovations Manager / Director in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.