As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting and payroll, finance, budgeting and forecasting, governance and risk management, legal and fiscal reporting, taxation, treasury. In addition, the CFO will be a key contributor to the strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, working in close collaboration with the M&A team.
The CFO will have demonstrated the skillsets resting on the following four fundamental pillars:
● Leadership, where the CFO will exercise strong communication skills and leadership in stirring the company towards its ambitious growth targets.
● Operations, where the CFO possesses a keen understanding of the company’s business model and industry such that the candidate provides independent perspectives and constructive challenges to the commercial and operational teams, ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
● Governance and risk management, where the candidate ensures the adequate assessment and mitigation of risk as well as financial compliance with applicable regulatory or legal requirements.
● Strategy support, where the CFO plays an active role in supporting the elaboration and implementation of a strategic roadmap through predictive modeling and the pairing of financial and non-financial information.
The CFO’s place of work will be EAP’s Headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda. Considering the current global pandemic, the timing of the relocation to Rwanda will be mutually agreed with the selected candidate.
EAP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to women’s empowerment in the energy sector. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company operating in Sub-Saharan Africa, priority will be given to African candidates.
● Provides leadership in enhancing the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
● Continuous enhancements supporting effective decision-making by managers and executives through providing timely and relevant financial information.
● Direct and oversight of all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization, including the transactional operations (invoicing and account receivables)
● Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
● Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
● Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business decisions and activities.
● Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
● Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
● Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
● Implement internal controls, policies, guidelines and processes and ensuring that they are effectively applied across all regions, including the planning and execution of audits, both internals and externals.
● Post-closing integration of the financial operations and reporting of acquisitions.
● New role during active period of mergers and acquisitions in the group of companies (holdco, project opco, devco and special projects vehicles)
● Learning the business in a short timeframe
● Effectively managing change
● Multi-site and multi-jurisdiction responsibilities
Major Job Accountabilities
● Management and driving success for CIO & CAO responsibilities
● Standard accounting functions
● Quarterly Budget Management
● Management Reporting Systems (MRS), with timely and leading indicators
● Financial transaction and control processes and policies
● Internal and external audits
● Tax planning and reporting
● Integration of finance functions in acquisitions
● Successful implementation of controls, policies, guidelines, tools and processes
● Improved budget processes, cash flow forecasting and spending management
● Successful integration of finance functions
● Adding value with supporting on negotiations for various contracts
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Attitudes)
● Fast learner
● Hands-on approach - active coaching of staffs (capacity building)
● Strong ability to influence others at all levels
● Strong ability to organize and prioritize
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills/outside the box thinking
● Proficiency in English is required, knowledge of French and/or Swahili are considered assets
● High degree of communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications
● University degree, professional designation of CPA or ACCA or equivalent (registered with an international recognized professional body - up to date with CPE learning)
● 10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
● Solid international, multi-sites and multi-currency experience
● Basic transfer pricing knowledge
● Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
Applications close at 11:59 pm on February 7th, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within the second week of February.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.