Title: Business Analyst
Place of Work: Kigali
Reporting to: COO
Contract length: Open ended contract with 6 months probation period
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Headquartered in Gisenyi, with an office in Kigali and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 100 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
About the Role
Inyenyeri seeks highly motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position of Business Analyst to Conduct operational and financial analyses in support of strategic decision making by senior management.
Provide quantitative and qualitative analyses that inform strategic and operational decision-making. For example:
- Analyse dynamics between supply and demand of pellets (e.g. provide impact analyses of changes in pellet production and changes in pellet sales)
- Translate operational plans into cash flow forecasts and budget planning for different departments;
- Forecast production capacity needs, stove inventory requirements and the optimal path to growing our customer base;
- Analyse the impact and effect of different pricing models;
- Conduct COGS and unit-economic analyses;
- Utilise data from Inyenyeri’s CRM system to analyse customer behavior and to advise on operational improvements and on opportunities to optimise our products and services;
- Use census data to conduct market analyses and advise on most favourable geographies for market expansion
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Inyenyeri values
- Detail oriented
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for own personal development
- Engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Acts in the best interests of Inyenyeri
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent quantitative, analytic and financial modeling skills;
- Outstanding written (incl. reporting) and verbal communication skills;
- Strong team player while also being able to operate independently and with minimal supervision;
- Someone who is organized and pays attention to detail;
- Fast and Strategic Thinker;
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a fast paced business environment
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Systems Dynamics
- Expert skills in Excel
Desirable: Advanced knowledge of systems dynamics and skills in systems modeling
Desirable: Working knowledge of Tableau software
Are you interested in becoming a Business Analyst in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.