The Belgian development agency, BTC, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world.
Its staff members in Brussels and abroad embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity. Today, BTC operates in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and supports more than 200 development cooperation projects and programmes. In future, following a decision of the Minister of Development Cooperation, the focus will be on 14 intervention countries.
To further develop its activities, BTC is looking for a (m/f): Financial and Administrative Officer, For the Rwanda Decentralization Programme
Duty Station: Kigali, RWANDA
Duration of contract: 17 months
Expected starting date: June 1st 2018
Monthly salary package: Level 2 - B417: i.e. between 5.145,71 euros and 7.203,44 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expatriate benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
Decentralization has been a key policy of the Government of Rwanda (GoR) since May 2000 when the National Decentralization Policy was adopted. The Governments of Rwanda and Belgium have agreed that decentralization will be a key focus sector of development cooperation within the framework of the Indicative Cooperation Programme (ICP) 2011-2014. The ICP and the subsequent identification and formulation phases identified and validated that the Rwanda Decentralization Support Programme (RDSP) will be delivered through a coordinated and integrated programmatic approach with two strategic interventions focusing on:
Institutional strengthening and enhancing capacities at the national and sub national level (RDSP-ECD);
Support to the implementation of District Development Plans (DDPs) with a focus on LED (RDSP-DDP).
The financial and administrative expert is responsible for the financial and administrative management of the programme/interventions.
Therefore, (s)he will primarily:
• Prepare the budget and the financial reporting.
• Guarantee adequate usage of resources and reliable financial information.
• Ensure efficient procurement management, contract management and logistics (in collaboration with the contracting officer) in accordance with the procedures and contractual obligations (public contracts…). Participate in the elaboration, management and control of the Grant Agreements.
• Manage the fiduciary risks. Put in place an internal control system, implement the actions plans resulting from audits and follow up on them.
• Manage the administrative and financial team composed for the programme and the support to interventions (recruitment, setting objectives, performance meetings…).
• Support the Representation, the programme and the interventions by providing one’s technical expertise (advice, sharing of experience, representing BTC vis-à-vis other entities…).
• Capacity development of partner entities.
The financial and administrative expert falls hierarchically under the authority of the Programme Manager.
Required level of education
• Hold a Master’s degree in management, applied economics or finance.
Required and/or desired experience
• At least five years of professional experience in financial management;
• Experience in auditing, in risk management and in financial management in the public sector;
• Experience in change management is an important asset;
• A first successful experience in team management;
• At least one international field experience as an expat, preferably within an international organisation.
• Mastery of financial management;
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases);
• Proficient in English and French;
• Practical knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
• Adherence to BTC's values: commitment, respect, responsibility and integrity;
• Analytical skills, integrative and innovative capacity;
• Proactive organisational skills and ability to apply decisions taken;
• Negotiating skills and ability to impact one’s environment in view of fostering ‘win-win’ results;
• Capacity of instilling trust through ‘consultancy and service’-oriented professional relations;
• Capacity of accompanying others and supporting them in their daily functioning.
Please apply no later than 3rd of January 2018
Are you interested in becoming a Financial and Administrative Officer in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.