Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1400 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social and environmental development.
In the Great Lakes Region, Swisscontact carries out projects for some donors in its two core areas: skills development and enterprise promotion. For our Programme PROMOST (Promoting Market Oriented Skills Training), a skills development’s project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC) and for the further development of our project portfolio, we currently seek to employ a
Director Rwanda, DR Congo and Burundi / Project Director for PROMOST
Employment start: March 1st 2019
Contract duration: 2 years with option of renewal
Place of work: Kigali, Rwanda
Disposition for frequent travelling within the Great Lakes Region
• Legally represent Swisscontact within Rwanda, DR Congo and Burundi, and ensure the effective administrative/budget operations within the three countries; assume overall responsibility for overseeing all Swisscontact projects within Rwanda, DR Congo and Burundi from project start, through project implementation to project conclusion;
• Implement a project which contributes to increased employment and income generation for the rural population within the Great Lakes Region;
· Lead the positioning of Swisscontact in the international donor community as well as with public and private local stakeholders;
· Develop the Swisscontact project portfolio through acquisitions of new projects;
· Participate and represent Swisscontact in relevant national and international meetings, seminars, committees, working groups.
• Master’s in educational science, economy or equivalent;
• At least 10 years of experience in managing projects and/or multi stakeholder initiatives, preferably in development cooperation in Sub Saharan Africa;
• Good knowledge of and practical experience in the use of methodologies related to skills development, labour market insertion and/or entrepreneur-ship promotion, private sector experience, preferably in Inclusive Markets Development as well as in Monitoring and Results Measurement;
· Strong leadership skills and experience in coordinating interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams;
· Capacity to elaborate concept notes and project proposals;
· Excellent skills in English and French (written and spoken);
· Ability to think analytically and systemically; strong in innovation and creativity;
· Strong communication skills and team spirit including the capability to build and sustain good collaboration with all stakeholders, in an intercultural context.
We specially encourage women to apply.
We offer you a challenging scope of duties with personal responsibility. Are you interested in a fascinating job in an international context, and strive for contributing to development cooperation? Application (in English) should be directed to: www.swisscontact.org/jobs