Digitalization is critical for the transformation of government procedures, processes, and service delivery.
It’s in this context that Rwanda Information Society (RISA) is mandated to implement national Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) policies and digitalization programs in order to: fast-track socio-economic growth; accelerate community development through mainstreaming ICT in national socio-economic sectors; and prepare/coordinate programs that increase the required skills in the field of ICT to achieve a knowledge-based economy.
One of the initiatives being pursued by RISA is the Government Business Intelligence Solution (GBIS) which is seeking to provide an integrated business intelligence platform in order to enable decision-making by various government entities/leaders. It is part of an overarching government architecture framework, the government stack. The GBIS responds to the specific requirements for business intelligence and data analytics inside the government. Currently, it is fully operational and will be extended according to the Government of Rwanda (GoR) data architecture vision. The current environment supports not only creation and management of dashboards, but also connection to several data endpoints/sources. The GBIS will enable GoR institutions to respectively report via an integrated framework. Allowing high-level GoR decision-makers to keep track of achievements, interrogate the data and propose timely courses of action.
Understandably, data classification, cataloguing and integration are paramount for the GBIS to achieve its mission and there are ongoing initiatives to categorize/catalogue/classify existing data within the different data sources in GoR with an effort to reach standardized data governance and data discovery.
In this context, Enabel is actively looking for an International Data Architect who will come onboard to orchestrate and steer the technical initiatives and harmonize the data architecture across GoR.
As International Data Architect you will be directly reporting to the Project Coordinator at Enabel and to the Government Chief Innovation Officer at RISA. You will be fostering the use of the GBIS throughout the GoR. Not only by assessing and supporting the infrastructure development, but also the data and the data integration requirements for all sectors, ministries and all the affiliated institutions.
- You contribute to the implementation of the data architecture vision by taking part in the planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- You define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles and you translate business requirements into technical specifications (including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses);
- You advise on the basis of your technical expertise, in order to achieve performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards;
- You organise knowledge building and knowledge management in order to create an inclusive, informed climate of trust within the project;
- You contribute to capacity development of RISA.
· Master’s or Post Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field;
· Relevant Certificates in standard Information Technologies fields are considered as an asset.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics and architecture with a proven track-record of designing complex Business Intelligence IT architecture;
• At least 5 years of leadership/management experience;
• An international experience (i.e. in the international development sector and outside your country of origin) is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
• Proven knowledge in the fields of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Beats, Kafka Streaming and cloud architecture;
• You are knowledgeable in the main areas of Data Warehouse development (data modelling, ETL development, data cleansing, OLAP design, application development, production automation, system/database administration);
• Ability to implement a change process;
• Knowledge management and knowledge building;
• You are result and solution oriented;
• Strong communication and presentation skills;
• You are fluent in spoken and written French or Dutch. Considering the working language of Rwanda and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 12 months. You are based in Kigali (with regular field missions).
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, (capped) coverage of housing expenses, a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The various amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested in becoming a Data Architect in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.