Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Institutional Business Development Country Resource Mobilization Manager (CRMM) will be based in Heifer International’s country office in Rwanda. S/he plays a central role in her/his country of assignment in defining resource mobilization strategies, identifying market opportunities, building relationships, strategically positioning Heifer with potential funders and partners, strengthening country office capacity for resource mobilization, and responding to funding opportunities, specifically institutional funders such as USAID and the EU. The CRMM will report to the Partnership and Business Development Manager located at the Institutional Business Development (IBD) office in Washington, DC. S/he will work closely with the Country Director (CD) and country team to effectively conduct market analysis on funding trends, gather business intelligence, identify and participate in responding to business opportunities in the country and in the region, as needed. S/he will be a member of country program management team of his/her assigned country. S/he will join existing and/or create new and relevant netwoks in-country to position Heifer for business partnerships. The CRMM, in coordination with the IBD team and the CD, will coordinate pre-bid, bid, and post-bid processes for the country of assignment. This, among others, will include relationship building, intelligence gathering, processing and sharing of key information in a timely manner; capture planning, initiating Go/NoGo decisions; identification and vetting of partners, drafting of pre/teaming agreements and writing sections of funding proposals as needed. S/he collaborates with other Heifer resource mobilization/fundraising teams, as needed, to identify and respond to specific institutional funders, foundations and corporate funding opportunities.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Relationship builder, networker, strategic, organized, team player, communicator, proactive, detail-oriented
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
In collaboration with IBD and country teams, design a road map to set resource mobilization and partnership goals, that would guide the business development (BD)work for Heifer International in the country of Rwanda.
• Facilitate the development of country specific resource mobilization strategy by bringing together the different stakeholders.
• Gather and analyze business intelligence (i.e. landscape analyses, POAM, etc.) to inform resource mobilization strategy.
Conduct market assessment and in-country funding priorities and trends, and update the IBD and country team on a regular basis.
- Understanding of the key funders’ priorities for the country programs.
- Track changes and progress in implementing funders’ strategies, and alert supervisor.
- Create and update quarterly the landscape analysis and priority matrix for the country programs
Build, nurture and document relationships with institutional funders and potential host-country government departments in country and position Heifer for partnerships.
- Identifying and prioritizing key funders and build solid relationships with them.
- Organize regular meetings, communications and updates on key HI program progress with funders in conjunction with the country office.
- Organize regular meetings with respective IBD manager to update on funder status and work.
- Identify and address potential business/relationship risks and address these in a timely manner
Assess, identify, cultivate, and manage relationships with existing and potential local and international partners leading to mutual business partnerships.
- Identify potential local and international partners working in the country, conduct due diligence reports; prioritize and initiate partnership conversations.
- In close collaboration with the CD and IBD, facilitate/develop SOWs for teaming agreement and MOUs,
- Ensure all agreements – teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements and contracts - have followed a standard organizational process and appropriately done to protect Heifer’s interest.
- Foster relationships with a set of priority partners that can be available to join consortiums when an opportunity is identified.
Assist country office in producing appropriate marketing materials, e.g. capability statements, Past Performance Reports (PPRs), etc. for positioning and proposals.
- In collaboration with IBD and Heifer’s communication team, draft country specific capacity statements, , success stories,and other marketing materials as needed as well as PPRs for active proposals.
Coordinate and contribute to the design, writing, review and approval of project proposals and concept papers for submission to funders.
- Facilitate country-level ‘best fit’ analysis before responding to a business opportunity.
- Prepare intake forms and contribute ideas to Go/No Go decisions.
- Advise on decisions on the best partner organizations (prime or sub); and participate in negotiating pre-teaming and teaming agreements with partners, as directed by the respective IBD manager.
- Work with the field team to obtain technical information and evidence needed for responding to opportunities.
- Form country response team, and lead the country effort in writing the initial project ideas/draft concept/proposal.
- Work with country response teams to draft a timeline for proposal development (i.e. Action Plan) and ensure all members are kept to a schedule.
In collaboration with other resource mobilization colleagues, design and deliver business development training and capacity building workshops and mentoring services to country office and other Heifer staff, as needed.
- Assess country office business development capacity and propose strategies for filling gaps.
- Raise awareness and understanding among staff of funders’ interests, strategies and procurement mechanisms on a regular basis.
- Take part and contribute to trainings and the IBD Global Meeting, as needed.
Continually track, measure, evaluate and report achievement of country Resource Mobilization goals, shared value, with a focus on recommending and incorporating improvements as appropriate.
- Regularly update regional manager at IBD and CD on resource mobilization progress.
- Liaise with Heifer’s Resource Mobilization teams at Heifer headquarters (HQ).
Regularly track opportunities in country and report back to other team members.
- Proactively look out for local opportunities and share with other team members.
- Attend events, workshops, and conferences in-country to ensure that new and potential opportunities are monitored and tracked.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Experience in living and working in Africa.
- Demonstrated success leading proposal teams for United States Agency for International Development (USAID), European Union (EU), and other bi-lateral and multilateral agencies.
- Experience managing complex, multi-partner proposals.
- Exceptional program design, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically, regionally and internationally for assignments including travel to Heifer Headquarter’s (HQ) and other offices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, coaching and communication skills.
- Strong, proven team-building and change/transition management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Lifting and carrying of up to 25 pounds (11 kilograms) floor-to-waist if able.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Committed to learn Heifer’s values-based holistic community development model, Theory of Change, Cornerstones, and other Heifer established systems.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently or with a team and perform multiple tasks with occasional interruptions.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate clients in different time zones.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of job-related experience in Rwanda or the region.
- Fluent in English (fluency in other languages is a plus).
- Master’s degree in business development or international development or a related field.
- Minimum two (2) or more years living and working in Rwanda or the region.
Job Location: Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Job Level: Manager
Are you interested in becoming a Country Resource Mobilization Manager in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.