Job Title: Recruitment Manager
Reports to: Director of People and Culture
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in needed, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Recruitment Manager will oversee all aspects of recruitment and onboarding for staff. Working closely with the HR Management Team reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the Recruitment Manager will support the HR organizational goals by coordinating high-priority recruitment needs and building systems and structures for tracking, analyzing, and reporting outcomes. The Recruitment Manager will lead the onboarding process for new hires and provide advice and support to Hiring Managers to ensure procedures are being executed in a timely and effective manner.
Recruitment and onboarding
- Work with the HR Management team to strategize human capital needs and create staffing plans;
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new UGHE positions including Rwanda-based, US-based and remote.
- Support job postings via internal recruitment software, liaisoning closely with Hiring Managers and Partners in Health's central HR team in Boston;
- Develop procedures and strategies for optimizing recruitment, providing high-level reviews and reports analyzing current systems to be briefed to the HR Management Team and Senior Managers;
- Coordinate recruitment efforts with external firms as needed;
- Conduct orientation and training programs for new employees and semi-annual performance reviews of existing employees;
- As a member of a dynamic start-up Human Resources team, work on other priority projects as needed.
Consultant, Fellow, and Intern Support
- Draft and execute contracts with external consultants and collaborators including adjunct faculty, fellowship positions, and interns
- Advertise contract opportunities;
- Onboard contractors and liaise with staff members to create cohesion across teams
At least 4 years of human resource experience in a senior level position required
Master’s or advanced degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful
Prior experience in leading high-level recruitment campaigns, including managing international recruitment efforts, as well experience with processes related to on-boarding
Previous experience working in an academic field preferred
Ability to design and implement administrative processes and systems, both independently and as part of a team
Excellent written and oral communication with outstanding Kinyarwanda and English proficiency
Great attention to detail
Strong ability to understand and manage data
Integrity and respect for confidentiality of HR records is a must
Adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment and flexibility with schedules
Experience with hiring software and Microsoft Powerpoint a plus
Commitment to global health and social justice
Are you interested in becoming a Recruitment Manager in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.