Reports to Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
Start Date June 1st 2021
Location Kigali, Rwanda
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a Creative Services Manager to support the marketing and communications strategy through analysis, coordination and management of institutional creative projects for its location in Rwanda, Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa). They serve as the main contact for all departments’ creative need requests and project manage the process of turning creative ideas into tangible outputs across a variety of media.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Creative Services Manager, you will serve as the main contact for all departments’ creative need requests. While specific responsibilities will vary, they will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Assists internal customers with defining creative needs requirements and scoping out feasibility of producing final creative work to manage expectations.
• Works with the MarComm team to manage internal customer requirements, from typesetting through to design, print and production, ensuring compliance with CMU brand standards and format.
• Responsible for institutional photography and videography needs, ensuring events and initiatives are appropriately covered.
• Maintains CMU-Africa’s digital assets, managing the institution’s online photo library
• May be involved in the recruitment and selection process for vendors where services are outsourced, and responsible for managing such relationships
• Partners with other Marketing and Comms team members to develop editorial calendar for all channels, and build meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the university.
• Troubleshoots issues as they arise, and takes a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, graphic design, photography, videography or other relevant fields
• 3-5 years of experience in various creative roles (including but not limited to graphic design, video editing, analytics, digital or print production, social media marketing)
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and French a plus
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Highly developed creative skills, with demonstrable ability to turn vision into tangible creative products
• Excellent integrated marketing communications tools and techniques skills preferred
• Demonstrable proficiency in relevant software ranging across the creative disciplines, i.e. HubSpot, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills, with ability to handle multiple stakeholders needs under time pressure
• Well-developed story telling skills, with analytical and insightful attention to detail
• Solid background in digital video production and editing for various media platforms a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Creative Services Manager in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.