Reports to Senior IT Manager
Start Date June 1st 2021
Location Kigali, Rwanda
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a Audiovisual Systems Engineer, responsible for monitoring, administration and maintenance of all audio-visual equipment and software at its location in Rwanda, Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa). This position will regularly handle sensitive information and requires maintaining strict confidentiality and discretion.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Audiovisual Engineer, your specific responsibilities will vary. They will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Administration of all audio-visual equipment in the university
• Monitoring and support use of AV by classes, meetings, and events
• Troubleshooting problems related to AV equipment and software
• Designing maintenance procedures and following up on repair logistics as well as technical queries
• Configuring and monitoring network access
• Training regularly users on appropriate use of AV resources
• Recommending AV improvements, upgrades, and policy updates
• Performs related duties as assigned by the IT Senior Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
• At least three years of experience in similar role
• Internationally accredited certifications will be an added advantage
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and French a plus
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Proficiency in designing, operating, and maintaining AV systems
• Demonstrated ability and flexibility, in a high pressure, fast paced and complex environment, to manage multiple, time sensitive assignments with the capacity to independently prioritize work with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to accomplish projects and assignments with strict deadlines.
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact highly professional demeanor and strong customer service skills.
• Exceptional written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Are you interested in becoming an Audiovisual Systems Engineer in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.