Enabel’s Feeding the Cities program in Rwanda is a part of the EU action “Transformational climate-smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda” which has an overall objective to consolidate the sustainable transformation in throughout the country.
In this context, the global objective of the Feeding the Cities program is to increase, in a sustainable way, the production/per capita consumption/income generated by fish, aquaculture and horticulture quality products with the aim to increase food and nutrition security and to create employment (especially for youth and women). The specific objective of the program is to develop inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable value chains in the fields of aquaculture, fishery and horticulture within the framework of transition to sustainable food systems.
Under those circumstances, Enabel is actively looking for an International Aquaculture Expert in order to bring support to the program.
As International Aquaculture Expert, you will be directly reporting to the Project Manager of the Feeding the Cities Program and you will act as the project's focal point in the field of aquaculture and fish supply chains. You will provide technical support to the Project Manager and support the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of aquaculture-related activities. You will also ensure the operationalization of the project strategy based on the specific contexts (agro-climatic conditions, technical capacity, market access,…) as well as the quality/effectiveness of capacity building activities while coordinating a capitalization process. Finally, you will be responsible for institutional networking in the field of aquaculture and will establish and maintain effective collaboration with relevant technical ministries as well as relevant national and regional research institutes.
- You contribute to the implementation of the project by taking part in the planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- You advise on the basis of your technical expertise, in order to achieve performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards;
- You organise knowledge building and knowledge management in order to create an inclusive, informed climate of trust within the project;
- You contribute to capacity development of partner organisations (Ministry of agriculture, Ministry Of Environment).
· Master’s or PhD degree in the field of fisheries and aquaculture, agriculture, animal sciences, environmental studies or related fields.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of agricultural research, working with farmers and industry stakeholders;
• A previous experience in Rwanda is an asset;
• An international experience (i.e. in the international development sector and outside your country of origin) is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
• Rich personal network with aquaculture and fisheries R&D institutions;
• Ability to implement a change process;
• Knowledge management and knowledge building;
• You are result oriented;
• Ability to use new technologies used in the area of expertise;
• Considering the working language of Rwanda and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required as well as basic knowledge of French.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 36 months. You are based in Kigali.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, (capped) coverage of housing expenses, a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The various amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here at the latest by 28/11/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming an International Aquaculture Expert in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.