On behalf of MISEREOR, AGIAMONDO is looking for a Head of the MISEREOR Dialogue and Liaison Office (m/f/d), Abuja, Nigeria with experience in development cooperation.
The German Catholic Bishops’ Organisation for Development Cooperation Misereor supports numerous, mostly church-based organisations in development cooperation in Nigeria. Given the large number of partners in the country, a Dialogue and Liaison Office (DLO) was set up in Abuja as a central point of contact for Misereor. The DLO is available to Nigerian partners as a point of contact for advice relating to the conceptualisation, implementation and evaluation of development projects. The DLO works in close cooperation with the Conference of Bishops of Nigeria, other German and international development cooperation organisations present in Nigeria, and the German embassy.
Your new role
Your work will contribute significantly to improving the dialogue between Misereor and its Nigerian partners. You will enable Misereor to discuss its funding policy with its most important Nigerian partners extensively, and will simplify access to other development cooperation organisations for church-based partners in Nigeria.
Your place of residence and work, Abuja, is also suitable for families with children as it offers renowned (German and international) educational establishments and good healthcare infrastructure.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
• You will advise Misereor’s partner organisations on matters relating to planning, monitoring and evaluation, as well as organisational development.
• You will inform partners about Misereor’s funding policy and the requirements for applications and reporting.
• You will organise (online) training on key topics and accompany individual partners over a long period of time, either in person or through selected, qualified consultants and trainers.
• You will connect Misereor’s partners with internationally active players and will represent Misereor in the group of German development organisations and at the German embassy.
• You will contribute to the further development of Misereor’s funding priorities in Nigeria and to initiatives related to development policy in public relations, educational and lobbying work.
• You will take care of visitors, such as Misereor employees, journalists, politicians, donors, etc.
• You have completed a university degree relevant to the field of development cooperation (social sciences, political science, agricultural sciences, ethnology, education) and have acquired at least three years of professional experience in development cooperation and partner consulting, ideally in (west) Africa.
• You have at least two years of professional experience in organisational development, participatory impact assessment and outcome-oriented PME.
• You bring methodological competence and practical experience in participation-oriented project design, consulting, capacity building, networking, lobbying and public relations work.
• You are diplomatic and have exceptional intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
• You have a business-fluent command of written and spoken English, and your German skills are at least good.
• You are an EU or Swiss citizen and a member of a Christian church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
• Individual and thorough preparation
• Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application by no later than 03/01/2021.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of the MISEREOR Dialogue and Liaison Office in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.