Advisor for Emergency and Transitional Aid (m/f/d) - Maiduguri, Nigeria
AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Working with church-related and civil-social partner organisations in Cameroon, AGIAMONDO aims to make a contribution towards civil conflict management and the sustainable and equitable development of the country through peace-building measures.
In order to support our partner organisation, Caritas Germany in north-east Nigeria, we are seeking to fill the following position immediately:
Your new role:
Caritas Germany is the mandated humanitarian relief agency of the Catholic Church in Germany. Every year, Caritas Germany provides support for approximately 1,000 humanitarian aid and development projects worldwide, supporting people in need regardless of their religion, ethnic identity, or nationality.
Caritas Germany and its local partners provide innovative emergency and transitional aid for victims of the displacement crisis in north-east Nigeria. Caritas Germany implements aid from the German Federal Foreign Office (AA), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (EU-ECHO) in the areas of food security, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and protection. As an international expert, you will work with several partner organisations in the field and advise them on technical topics (food security, WASH, protection, environmental protection, gender, MEAL) as well as organisational development.
You will be embedded in a team of local Caritas Germany experts in Maiduguri, who provide technical guidance to our partner organisations in the Lake Chad region. Depending on emerging needs, humanitarian missions are also planned in project countries outside Nigeria.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- Coordination of the Caritas Germany-led ECHO consortium in North East Nigeria including quality management and representation of the consortium to ECHO
and coordination with the UN system, as well as senior management of the consortium partners.
- Provision of technical support to Caritas Germany project partners on relevant issues (including food security, WASH, protection, MEAL) and new areas (environmental protection, gender) in
projects funded by ECHO, AA, and BMZ.
- Provision of programmatic support and strategic development of the Caritas Germany project portfolio in Nigeria and other project countries depending on need.
- Advising local project partners on needs assessment, project design, and grant applications to public funding agencies (AA, BMZ, ECHO).
- Conceptual design and implementation of capacity development activities for local experts and managers of the project partners.
- Support to coordination with key stakeholders (GFFO, BMZ, ECHO, UN coordination) and public relations.
- You have completed a thematically relevant degree (e.g. sociology, political science or economics, area studies, anthropology or other social science courses) and have at least 2 years of
professional experience in the field of humanitarian aid and/or development cooperation, ideally including relevant regional experience.
- You are able to employ your advisory and capacity development skills in a culturally sensitive way and have sound knowledge of programme and project management.
- You are physically and mentally resilient enough to work in vulnerable and volatile contexts and you are willing to travel.
- You speak fluent English and French, or are willing to learn it.
- You are an EU or Swiss citizen and identify with the vision and mission of Caritas Germany.
What AGIAMONDO offers:
- Subsistence payments
- Social benefits
- Private insurance
- Personnel development
- Health care
- Cost coverage
Are you interested in becoming an Advisor for Emergency and Transitional Aid (m/f/d) - Maiduguri, Nigeria ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Apply here at the latest by June 25th 2023 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.