Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
To further manage and streamline local financial control and accounting out of HQ in Abuja, the company is hiring an experienced and excellent :
Expat Finance Manager Nigeria
Oil & Gas - Energy - Process Industry - Logistics
Your Mission :
• As Senior Finance Manager you will be in charge of the local finance and accounting department.
• You are responsible for preparing IFRS reporting to Europe and for local IFRS accounts to be published in Nigeria.
• You will prepare (CAPEX & OPEX) budgets and forecasts based on input from Operational and Commercial departments and
from General Management.
• You will follow up on all Tax, VAT and local Legal requirements as well as on Insurance and other contractual obligations (e.g. Rent and Leasing contracts, Cooperation agreements).
• You will oversee all cash and bank transactions and you will maintain good contacts with local Nigerian banks (e.g. concerning Letters of Credit with customers and vendors).
• You will ensure timely delivery of accurate financial management reporting and analysis and you will provide professional input to the Group Cash Flow Model prepared in Belgium.
• You will monitor the implementation and use of Financial SAP modules.
• You will implement best practices in your department in order to achieve higher efficiency and administrative excellence.
• You will report directly to the Group CFO in Europe as well as to the General Manager/CEO in Nigeria.
Your Profile :
To qualify for this position you have a higher degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of competence with a proven successful expatriate senior management experience in the capacity of e.g. Accounting or Finance & Administration Manager.
• You preferably have experience in an (international) industrial (manufacturing, production) or logistics environment work environment.
• You have solid IFRS accounting and reporting skills and a strong expertise in budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, controlling and analysis
• As a manager you distinguish yourself by a methodic and systematic approach, a co-operative leadership style and distinct presentation, communication and organizational skills.
• You are a punctual, conscientious and highly dedicated person with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to prioritize your workload and respect tight deadlines.
• You have a strong multicultural awareness with the capacity to liaise efficiently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• You are familiar with working in an ERP environment with knowledge of SAP and experience in SAP implementation as real assets.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria (Abuja) and to operate out of HQ in Abuja with occasional travel to Europe.
Our client expects a long-term engagement to be expatriated.
In return the group offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company.
Interested ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.