Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
In view of the further expansion of its activities in Nigeria and West-Africa, the company has an exciting and long-term opportunity available for an experienced (expatriate) :
Business Development Manager West-Africa
Oil & Gas Industry – Energy - Logistics
Your Mission :
• In this position you will be responsible for the achievement of the sales & marketing targets of the company in Nigeria and other West-African (ECOWAS) countries.
• You will coach and motivate your team of Regional Sales Managers in achieving a continuous growth and expansion of the business.
• It will be your role to establish a sales & marketing oriented organisation and develop a vision and strategies for market entry/penetration and business development.
• Together with your team you will explore market opportunities and potential new power supply projects in a wide range of industries, e.g. mining, transportation, steel, glass, paper, textile, cement, food processing etc.
• You will maintain excellent relations with external stakeholders : e.g. existing and prospective customers, financial institutions, investors, project developers, governmental authorities.
• You will attend market and industry related conferences and you will plan and execute seminars and give presentations at events that offer exposure to potential customers.
• Reporting directly to the CEO and the Managing Director of the company, you will provide market and sales planning information, forecasts and reports.
Your Profile :
• To qualify for this position you have a proven successful (expatriate) experience in a relevant Business Development position, preferably in West-Africa.
• We are looking for a dynamic and high-impact candidate with a successful sales and trading experience in an industrial/technical environment with ideally a background in projects related to oil & gas, energy, power supply and/or logistics.
• You are strong in leading a large and diverse group of employees (expats and locals) towards the achievement of the company's objectives, strategy and vision.
• You are a competitive, flexible and resourceful professional with very good communication, networking and relationship management skills.
• You are open-minded, persuasive and able to deal with all levels at customer accounts.
• You have strong business acumen and a real commitment to achieving goals and results.
• You have excellent analytical, organizational and decisionmaking skills.
• You are fluent in English and French.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria (Abuja) with frequent travel in West-Africa and regular visits to the group offices in Europe.
Our client expects a long-term engagement to be expatriated.
In return the group offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company.