Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
To further manage and improve operational integrity, reliability and performance of the company's LNG Plant and installations, we are hiring and experienced and excellent (expatriate) :
LNG Operations & Maintenance Manager
Oil & Gas Industry - Nigeria
Your Mission :
• In this position you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation, production and maintenance of the plant, including i.e. feed gas, liquefaction, tanker loading, storage and all other related equipment and installations.
• Together with your department heads you will assist the Site Manager in managing the technical performance and reliability of the plant, in supporting efficient production on a 24-hour continuous basis and in optimizing the revenue of all assets.
• In line with the company's requirements you will oversee hiring, training and qualification programs for plant personnel.
• You will develop, implement and continuously improve long-term processes and procedures in all operations, including spare parts management and CMMS.
• You will coordinate with senior leadership and internal/external stakeholders on planned capital expenditure and on design, engineering and construction as required for operational excellence.
• You will establish and maintain good relationships with site staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, unions , local communities, authorities and regulatory agencies.
• You will report directly to the Site Manager and the COO of the company.
Your Profile :
• To qualify for this position you have a relevant technical degree in e.g. Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering with a demonstrated experience in operations and maintenance management in an LNG plant or in related oil & gas production or processing facilities and infrastructure
• Natural gas processing and liquefaction experience is an asset but not mandatory.
• You are a high-impact technical manager with a strong knowledge of budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources.
• You excel in elevating effectiveness and efficiency in the areas of staffing, equipment, methods and processes.
• You have a solid understanding of HSSE concepts, risk management, hazard identification and emergency response functionality.
• You have excellent organizational and leadership skills for a demanding, multicultural work environment.
• You are capable of communicating efficiently with corporate, technical and non-technical internal and external stakeholders.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria and to operate out of the plant in Rumuji (Rivers State) with regular travel to the HQ in Abuja and elsewhere in Nigeria.
Our client expects a long-term engagement to be expatriated.
In return the group offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company.