Our client, an integrated farm (poultry, fish, livestock, feeds and renewable energy) in Nigeria, is seeking a General Manager who will be managing and overseeing the day to day running of the integrated farm and ensures a smooth and efficient operation.
• Working out details of additional requirements as well as improvements of the facilities to achieve high production and planned production
• Supervising and managing the farm operations on daily basis, reviewing daily actual production, and deciding corrective actions to ensure achievement of daily production target
• Ensuring cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance and servicing of all farm machinery, equipment, building and infrastructure
• Maintaining compliance with occupational health and safety standards, and quality standards
• Ensuring maintenance of daily production records and reports on livestock, inventory, production, feed consumption, expenses etc.
• Reviewing placement of order, purchases and maintenance of farm livestock, farm feed, vaccinations, all other inputs, including spare parts and consumables
• Recruiting, training, supervising, managing a team and maintaining attendance records so that there is no production loss due to non-availability of manpower
• Ensuring compliance with all local taxation laws, statutory and food licensing requirements, and employment laws
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Aquaculture, Farming or Fisheries management or similar
• Prior experience at an integrated farm and in starting up a production facility
• Have knowledge about administrative and managerial farming procedures
• Organizational and communication skills
• The ability to work in a stressful environment