BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised more than $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The BForce Team Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing a team of sales and marketing personnel dedicated solely to the BForce project, designed at targeting mid-level traders to use BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. The candidate will work with the existing internal sales team to draft and formulate strategies and processes required to successfully implement the BitPesa BForce project. This short-term, contractual role serves as an exciting opportunity to help solve the pain points around cross-border payments affecting the mid-level trader (import/export) segment in Nigeria. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with senior management and analyzing sales metrics.
- Conduct market research on the behavior of mid-level traders and their foreign exchange needs
- Create and execute a customer acquisition plan including but not limited to outlining a list of target segments and 3 months conversion projections
- Adhere to the process set out by the company to generate leads and acquire clients
- Recruit and manage members of the BForce Team
- Responsible for the BForce Initiative from inception to the implementation phase while meeting set target and goals
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when required, to provide the necessary tools needed to ensure the success of the Bforce project (working with Administrative Assistants, Account Management, or Customer Service)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop a 3 Month Plan with specific measurable goals and targets
- Lead and coordinate the BForce team in approaching the targeted customer segment to meet, qualify and win clients
- Train the BForce Team and equip them with skills needed to successfully implement the project
- Ensure the verification of leads and registered clients collated by the BForce team before final submission
- Regularly update sales tools/CRM with the required qualification details
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the sales and marketing team
- Develop comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on sales activities and results
- A mid-level professional with experience on a sales and marketing team, within a company in the Finance, E-Commerce or Telecommunications Industry
- Deep understanding of the local Nigerian Mid-Level businesses & SMEs
- Ability to understand and build business relationships with mid-level clients
- Knowledge of the local FX/payments market including but not limited to banking services, financial regulations and other service providers in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and match to the product offering
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision specifically when coordinating a large team to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and focus on strategic, short-term goals
- Willingness to familiarize with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about BitPesa’s mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours/week to the role
- University Degree
Are you interested in becoming a B-Force Coordinator in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.