The procurement and planning officer will develop and execute the company’s purchasing strategy. He/she will oversee the complete purchasing process, while maintaining the code of ethics. Purchases need to be planned and sourced from reliable vendors. The procurement officer must ensure security of supply to guarantee business continuity at any time. He/she needs to evaluate prices continuously, timely delivery needs to be ensured, and administration must be followed up.
Weekly, monthly and yearly budgets need to be drafted.
The Planning Officer will forecast business requirements, monitor inventory, and track consumption to ensure adequate and efficient usage of the services and materials.
This position requires transparency and sound internal communication. With the input of different departments, the maximum of price/quality ratio must be reached.
The environment is fast-paced and rewarding.
Most purchases are for the maintenance of our fleet and then mostly spare parts:
o Generator parts
o Engine parts
o Fishing gear
o Refrigeration parts (compressors)
o Electrical parts
o Winch parts
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of mechanics, engine, compressor, electrical parts
- Strategic mind, forward planning of purchases
- Ability to communicate effectively across different departments
- Experience with MIS reporting
- Willingness to learn
- Good intercultural and personal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Network skills; establish a strong relationship with vendors
- Must function well under pressure (e.g. emergency requirements)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Navision/dynamics
- Excellent English speaker
- Familiar with import/export terminology, INCOTERMS
- Africa experience
Targets and KPI’s
- High compliance rate
o Ensure compliance measures are strictly followed
- Supplier evaluation
o Timely delivery
o Quality of product
- Reduction of emergency purchases
- Planning of purchases in relation to expected lead times, minimum stock levels
- Cost saving
- Local staff development
- Bachelor status
- Annual leave of 30 days per annum
- Annual ticket economy class to country of residence
- Company provides accommodation, driver and vehicle, househelp
- Medical insurance
Are you interested in becoming a Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.