For our client active in the fishing industry we are recruiting a Financial Controller in Nigeria.
• The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations, preparing and publishing timely monthly and annual financial statements, establishing, coordinating and directing the preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and report variances
• Responsibilities would also include the development of internal control policies and procedures as well as cash management and managing internal and external audits and corrective actions
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation and submission of the monthly and annual financial reports.
• Proper and accurate book-keeping and closure of monthly and annual accounts with reconciliations (banks, vendors, customers).
• Manage the reconciliation of all ledger accounts prior to each period-end.
• Accurate closure of annual accounts in compliance with IAS & FIRS with all proper accruals and provisions along with confirmation of balances.
• Coordinate with auditors, lead statutory audit exercise, make all documents and systems available including tax computation.
• Coordinate with external auditors and drive corrective actions arising from the audits.
• Ensure all statutory returns are filed on time and compliance adhered to.
• Coordinate with different government authorities on matters related to taxes and duties.
• Ensure Company’s assets and related risks are properly covered.
• Ensure continuous local vs foreign cash-balance and availability.
• Active participation in cost optimization projects.
• Ensure proper systems and processes, internal controls & compliance.
• Regular review of ERP functionalities.
• Develop finance team, ensuring timely and correct daily accounting and payment postings and reporting.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• An MBA/M.Sc is desired
• Minimum of 15 years experience in a manufacturing industry, agriculture is a bonus
• IT savvy (hands-on knowledge working with Ms365, ERP)
• Intimate knowledge of Ms Navision and/or Dynamics 365 Business Central is a big plus
• Must know International Accounting standards, rules and regulations
• Experience working in Africa
• Preferably single status
• Located in Lagos, Nigeria
• A generous salary with expat benefits
• A job as number 2 in the company (reporting to the MD/owner)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.