Nigeria: Project Coordinator for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Akure, Nigeria with regular trips to Lagos and cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
The company is looking for a Project Officer. Together with the local sustainability teams in the rest of West-Africa and program partners they need you to supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Execute sustainability and up-scale sustainability activities, in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GiZ and NGO’s;
• Supervise certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs;
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 2 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Fluent in English and local language is a pre
• Excellent organization and relationship management
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Motor licence. You will move around on a motor;
• Bush proof; you will spend 2-3 days per week in district warehouses and on plantations
You will be working with dynamic sustainability team of West-Africa, of which 10 people are based in Ivory Coast, 2 in Ghana and 1 in Cameroon. You will be the first sustainability officer in Nigeria, but you will have a lot phone contact and regular visits from sustainability team members. Besides, you are part of the country team of Nigeria in Lagos, which consists of 4 employees working in procurement and quality assurance.
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.