For a large international nutrion company we are recruiting a (Senior) Account Manager Africa .
In this challenging position, you will manage the following key areas of responsibility:
• Develop and realize the sales plan Africa in line with the ambitious global growth strategy, plan and implement the yearly sales budget in your area and achieve the yearly budgeted growth results in terms of turnover and gross margin.
• Develop new business for Savoury Ingredients.
• Cooperate with our global, regional and local technical specialists to support you in your area, in order to maximize the sales results in both existing and new business.
• Negotiate prices and payment conditions with your customers.
• Build and maintain high-level personal relations with the customers in your area.
• Optimize existing distribution network required to grow in line with Savoury Food Ingredients ambitious growth targets.
• Support the development of the sales plans by collecting market information and indicating market trends.
• Manage complaints and customer questions properly.
• Produce monthly reports on business results in the area, including market information and developments.
• The Senior account manager will be responsible for further expansion of our sales for Africa.
• He or she will report to the Regional Sales Manager EMEA.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in economics, business administration, science or technology and you have a technical knowledge of ingredients.
• You have in depth knowledge and expertise of the food ingredients industry and markets. By interest or education, you have knowhow about food and taste.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B sales environment, preferable with an excellent track record and network in the food industry in Africa.
• You have experience in the management of large / key accounts & distributors.
• You are able to design develop longer term sales strategies that support longer term Savoury Ingredients business strategy and deliver short term successes in parallel.
• You are a strong communicator. You are effective in influencing, negotiating and engaging, on different levels. People consider you as an effective networker and a strong team player.
• You have a hands-on mentality, you are a true entrepreneurial thinker and inquisitive by nature.
• You are very keen on working in emerging markets.
• You are willing to travel as this is an essential part of the role.
• You are fluent in French and English (must!)
• Qualities like customer focus, drive for results, entrepreneurship, initiative, engaging people and discipline are essential for this role.
Are you interested in becoming a (Senior) Account Manager Africa in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.