The Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC) is the leading organisation for trade and investment facilitation for Africa in the Netherlands. At NABC we believe that the Dutch private sector has a prominent role to play in the sustainable development of the African continent. Therefore, NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyse, and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities and to assist businesses in making confident decisions about when, where, and how to do business in Africa. NABC currently has a network of approximately 250 engaged and diverse members and has access to a community of over 10,000 African and European businesses, institutes, government entities and others interested in doing business in Africa.
For our team in The Hague, The Netherlands, we are looking for a Program Manager Agribusiness who will focus on our Livestock (Beef, Poultry, Dairy, and aquaculture) activities. This person will be reporting directly to the agribusiness Team leader and will be responsible for our livestock portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- You coordinate the current programmes aimed at the livestock sector, coordinate NABC's sector platforms in this sector.
- Managing the (local) project team(s) and doing market scans, stakeholder research, implementing programmes with local partners and identifying local demand for Dutch Agri knowledge and technologies.
- Maintain good relations with (Dutch and African) members, project partners, local sector players and the public sector such as ministries and embassies.
- Strategically develop and grow NABC’s livestock portfolio of activities and position in the market both here in the Netherlands and across Africa.
- Manage all current livestock related activities and programs in close collaboration with our partner organizations and network of offices across Africa.
- Promote and position the Dutch livestock sector, in particular members of NABC, in Africa, based on good market information.
- Develop, acquire, and manage strategic and relevant livestock related programs, projects, and members.
- Inform and advise stakeholders in the Netherlands and Africa about business opportunities and Dutch solutions specific to the horticulture/ poultry sector, including access to various financial instruments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the local embassies and the regional offices and other relevant sector organisations.
- Recognize and exploit opportunities and synergies with Dutch funded ‘aid to trade’ programmes as well as other public and private sector funding instruments for the benefit of our Dutch and African members.
- Overall, support to our livestock members in the provision of high-quality products and services including reporting to both our members and internally.
- Engage in other tasks such as marketing, promotion and branding of your sector across Europe and Africa.
- A relevant educational and professional background with over 3 years in or with the livestock sector in the Netherlands, in a commercial and or public sector setting.
- Knowledge and experience in program and project management.
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree but preferably a master’s degree in relevant subjects as Agriculture, livestock, Economics and or Business Management.
- A self-starter comfortable with a client facing role. The candidate has had direct responsibility for acquisition from idea generation to contracting and execution.
- Proactive networker with a good eye for business opportunities and able to secure business through members and clients of NABC.
- Track record in program development/ project management/ reporting/ proposal writing (experience with European or world bank related bids is a pre).
- Familiar with key Agriculture Funding opportunities/ partners. Experience in consortium building would be an extra advantage. Able to develop, acquire, manage, and deliver on large livestock programs relevant to agriculture (dependent) sectors independently and proactively.
- Ability to both lead and supervise teams as well as to act in a more supporting role in a team.
- Strong communicator internally and externally.
- Strong planning and budget control skills.
- A working proficiency BOTH in Dutch and English, (French is an absolute bonus).
- Affinity with Africa. Experience in or working with Africa is a plus.
- Able to work independently, and in a team, with an eye for detail and a ‘hands-on’ mentality.
- Required to be available as soon as possible.
- Living in or around The Hague, and available preferably 5 days per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
A dynamic job in an international setting where you will be involved daily with the agricultural sector, specifically livestock, and economic developments and opportunities in African countries. A relatively flat organization that will give you room to grow quickly an define the way you express yourself professionally. An opportunity for you to gain more knowledge on how the private sector stimulates sustainable and fair economic development in Africa. Do you like to get things done and are you good at switching between various stakeholders, such as Dutch and African agribusinesses, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Dutch and African embassies? Who knows, we might be looking for you! A competitive salary based on your experience and fit.
An assessment and thorough reference check will/can be part of this procedure. NABC appreciates all expressions of interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Programme Manager Agribusiness in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.