NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyse and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities and to empower companies to make confident decisions about when, where and how to do business in Africa. Founded in 1946 in the Netherlands, NABC today leads a network of some 300 engaged and diverse members and has access to a community of over 5000 African and European businesses, institutes, government entities and others interested in doing business in Africa.
NABC’s activities include trade missions to and from African countries; networking events, conferences and knowledge seminars on doing business in Africa; strategic programmes aimed at unleashing the economic potential in specific countries or (sub-)sectors and tailor-made business services such as market research, business advice and individual matchmaking. In the context of COVID-19, are becoming increasingly digitalised.
More information can be found on the NABC website.
NABC is looking for a Junior Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team in The Hague. They will play an important role in the team by driving the execution of our marketing and communication activities; they will also help to maintain our membership satisfaction by keeping our members informed and engaged. In addition, the selected candidate will also provide support on specific projects and programmes.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the development of all organisational strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans.
- Create and implement print and digital marketing/media strategies for variety of projects including trade missions, international conferences, projects/programme activities and networking events.
- Conduct market research to identify effective promotional methods.
- Develop and maintain internal communication systems (newsletters, emails, corporate announcements).
- Create, maintain and strengthen NABC’s overall brand in all forms of media (online, print).
- Manage the content of our corporate website and subsidiary sites to ensure that they are current, dynamic, and relevant.
- Write, execute, and deploy email marketing campaigns and web content.
- Consider new ways to further develop NABC website in order to make it a selling tool.
- Review web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site traffic.
- Manage all social media channels by keeping them active and dynamic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior creative and technical writing skills.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality content.
- Demonstrated experience in internet architecture, digital marketing, email marketing, print and electronic advertising.
- Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied ideas.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 365 suite and Excel.
- Moderate to advanced working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro).
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of SEO and curiosity to improve the overall findability of NABC to prospective clients.
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” while managing several small projects.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication skills. Skillful at presenting ideas in an organised and coherent manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Problem-solving attitude.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Marketing, Business Management or other related field; in addition, one to three years of profession experience in the field of Communications and Marketing.
- Affinity with Africa, preferably through experience working and/or living in Africa.
- A working proficiency BOTH in Dutch and English. Preference is given to candidates who also speak French.
- Demonstrated background in content creation and management, graphic design, creative writing, developing and executing marketing campaigns (digital and print), email marketing, and media negotiations.
Starting date: as soon as possible but not later than May 1st, 2021
Available 5 days per week
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Dynamic job within an ambitious and diverse team in a growing organization.
- An open and informal company culture where we work hard and have fun.
- Opportunities to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary based on experience and fit.