For an upcoming programme on Rural Energy Supply in Mozambique, we (Mott MacDonald) are currently positioning and therefore looking for a Deputy Team Leader.
The Deputy Team Leader / Market Development Fund (MDF) Manager will have primary responsibility for designing and overseeing the operations of the MDF Fund in the programme.
- Support the TL in the overall management of the Programme, the team, and the implementing partners of of the programme;
- Support the TL with planning, budgeting, and implementation;
- Responsible for all aspects of fiduciary risk management of the Fund;
- Responsible for the design of the MDF Fund through the Operations Manual;
- Responsible for the design of the Financial Management Manual;
- Develop and manage the Call for Proposals (including development of tender documents);
- Manage the contracting of Implementation partner (incl. the due diligence process);
- Oversee the implementation of Projects under the MDF, and ensuring partners report on operational and financial progress;
- Ensure that funds are appropriately spent on agreed activities by Implementing Partners and quality requirements are met;
- Master degree in Business Administration; Accounting; or similar;
- At least seven years of experience as manager of sizeable (investment or capital venture) Funds;
- Previous experience of working on / managing DFID programmes (knowledge of DFID requirements);
- Proven track-record in Fiduciary risk management;
- Knowledge of financial/investment models for the (renewable) energy sector preferred;
- Experience working with international donors preferred;
- Previous work experience in Mozambique is preferred;
- Strong skills in communication;
- Fluency in spoken and written English required and Portuguese highly desired.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.